Being automatically logged out whilst composing posts.

• RMweb Gold

As suggested by the subject, since the software update earlier this year, I've encountered problems with being automatically logged out whilst I'm in the middle of composing posts.

This has particularly been an issue when I've used a smartphone or tablet, as I don't know how to "cut and paste" posts using Android.

However, I've also had problems when using a Windows 10 desktop or laptop PC.

I don't know if anyone else has encountered this issue.

(Unfortunately, since the software update, I've been very busy - pretty much 24/7 - dealing with family issues - so I haven't had chance to post anything about it.)

The only reason I'm mentioning this now is that, at present, there seems to be further updating going on with the site software - so I hope nobody minds if I throw this into the mix, in case it might be relevant for a future update.

Huw.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Huw, to cut and paste in Android, lightly press on a word with your finger, this should open up two blue teardrops which you can then move left and right to highlight text in blue and give you the option to cut and paste or copy and paste etc. If it goes wrong or highlights the wrong text just press the back arrow button on your android device to close the edit and try again.   Best to practice a bit where it doesnt matter :smile_mini2:

Cheers

Matt

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I've had something similar happen when opening "unread since last visit" threads in new tabs. I can open say half a dozen, spend some time reading the thread then return to the tab containing "unread since last visit" at which point I find I've been logged out.

Steven B.

• 1 month later...
On 03/09/2019 at 13:58, Huw Griffiths said:

As suggested by the subject, since the software update earlier this year, I've encountered problems with being automatically logged out whilst I'm in the middle of composing posts.

This has particularly been an issue when I've used a smartphone or tablet, as I don't know how to "cut and paste" posts using Android.

However, I've also had problems when using a Windows 10 desktop or laptop PC.

I don't know if anyone else has encountered this issue.

(Unfortunately, since the software update, I've been very busy - pretty much 24/7 - dealing with family issues - so I haven't had chance to post anything about it.)

The only reason I'm mentioning this now is that, at present, there seems to be further updating going on with the site software - so I hope nobody minds if I throw this into the mix, in case it might be relevant for a future update.

Huw.

Just spotted this post.  I've had this auto-logging out problem while composing a post/reply on numerous occasions recently, it's a real PITA after spending the time composing a reply, go to post it and you find you have been auto-logged out, and hence the text is also lost.  I'll spend my time doing something more useful in future, until this gets sorted !! 

The above happens on both tablet and desktop................

Edited by tractor_37260

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Every now and then I get the same problem, particuarly if connected via wifi. I believe that what's happening is the server is seeing the local machine as having some kind of invalid session identifier, possibly due to a dropped network link or somesuch. It's therefore treating the local machine as having logged out rather than risk trusting a session that could be malicious.

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, sir douglas said:

and posting the above, the page went blank with a poppy "RMweb is currently unavailable" but my other rmweb tabs didnt get this when i refreshed them

It was off for two seconds, yes two whole seconds,  whilst i was preparing for 11.00 and needed it to save a setting.