BRM October 2019

Howard Smith

• Moderators
9 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Oh dear, not sure why that's truncated as the editing file is 10 minutes longer! It will take about 7 hours to re-render and upload the full version which should have another ten minutes at the end. I shall just do the missing portion and upload it here later.

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Did you take that Wellington kit away with you Mr Y ?:read:

No, told myself I hadn't got time. So how come I've just bought a rather good Trumpeter Dakota kit from someone who appeared in the vid? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• Administrators

He resisted. In fact, we both managed to leave without any of the amazing kits in that warehouse. If my lottery ticket comes up though, I'm going back with a van. A big one.

People underestimate the Pocketbond Range but if you are a modeller who sees beyond railways, there are just so many great projects including many you wouldn't ever have thought of. There are a good few tools we hadn't seen before too.

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Good issue - in my opinion one of the best since the mag was created.

Good to see exposure of both 2FS and N as well.

Just a shame the builder of the NGS Loriot kit didn't ask about decals as that would have made the article event better.

I'm sure several of us on here would have jumped in and supplied what was needed.

Thanks

Phil H

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Collected my copy from the newsagents today.

Very good issue with lots of interesting articles and good tips.

Just a shame about the Ellasweet Beet Factory photography though.  Very out of focus  double spread on pages 70/71 (with page 71 half being much darker than page 70!).  Sharpness on pages 72/73 not much better.  Shame, because it looks like a cracking layout.

• Moderators
On 20/09/2019 at 23:02, cravensdmufan said:

Just a shame about the Ellasweet Beet Factory photography though.  Very out of focus  double spread on pages 70/71 (with page 71 half being much darker than page 70!).  Sharpness on pages 72/73 not much better.  Shame, because it looks like a cracking layout.

Yes, I agree - I think I've learnt the lesson with the office camera!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've probably missed the conversation on this edition (though it is still October here), but as I finish reading through the mag, two more things stand out:

1. It was only on the 3rd or4th look that I realised the town scene behind St Ruth station is nearly all on the backscene - it certainly convinced me! (I believe the layout will be in Leeds this weekend so that'd be something to look for).

2. Comparing the front end photos of the Western Pullmam on pages 105 and 106 (paper edition), when the lights are on, it cries out for a driver. Some Bachmann diesels have had them fitted I think (Warship?), so I wonder if a future release might be one  with a driver - and passengers?

12 hours ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

I've probably missed the conversation on this edition (though it is still October here), but as I finish reading through the mag, two more things stand out:

1. It was only on the 3rd or4th look that I realised the town scene behind St Ruth station is nearly all on the backscene - it certainly convinced me! (I believe the layout will be in Leeds this weekend so that'd be something to look for).

2. Comparing the front end photos of the Western Pullmam on pages 105 and 106 (paper edition), when the lights are on, it cries out for a driver. Some Bachmann diesels have had them fitted I think (Warship?), so I wonder if a future release might be one  with a driver - and passengers?

I think the Blue Pullman has a pack of figures included. Maybe they've not been fitted.

Jason

• Thanks 1