North british railway 4 wheel coaches

I really wasnt sure where to put this post so if it's inappropriate mods please feel free to move it.

I would like to know if there is a supplier of 4mm north british 4 wheeler kits availble ?

I believe someone has done an etched kit for some, I've been asked by a friend who would like some making for a layout he is building.

Cheers

Simon

• RMweb Premium

There was a Decent Models etched kit designed by John Boyle. These had alternative ends for the CR or NB roof profile. Drummond moved from the NB to the CR and reused his earlier design. I'm not sure whether they are available, asking on the CRA or NB forums might come up with an answer. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, PatB said:

You could always do what modellers have done since time immemorial and paint up some Ratio GWR 4-wheelers in your livery of choice :D. 

The NBR style of carriage panelling and roof profile are highly distinctive and quite different to Dean's GWR carriages. 

Mind you, there was recently in Model Railway Journal, a GCR layout almost entirely populated by GWR carriages of Ratio and Triang / Hornby origin... The panelling style is not so radically different in this case, as modellers from Peter Denny onwards have been quick to notice!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

The NBR style of carriage panelling and roof profile are highly distinctive and quite different to Dean's GWR carriages. 

Mind you, there was recently in Model Railway Journal, a GCR layout almost entirely populated by GWR carriages of Ratio and Triang / Hornby origin... The panelling style is not so radically different in this case, as modellers from Peter Denny onwards have been quick to notice!

'Twas intended with tongue firmly in cheek as a reference to the sometimes questionable modelling standards of yesteryear, when any box on wheels with windows in it would satisfy many, as long as it was roughly the right colour. 

• 1 month later...
On 06/09/2019 at 22:03, jasp said:

Dave Elvy of Alba Models took on John Boyle’s Decent Models range.

He may be willing to get some coach etches done if you contact him: albarailwaymodels.co.uk

Jim P

Thanks Jim that's a great help.

I will shot him an email over to see if anything can be done.