Operational point leavers for handbuilt track

Track is not my area of expertise, so...

I have two hand built points which I will be laying as part of a yard. Can anyone point me in the direction of where I could obtain the  most realistic looking manual point leavers that work. If they exist that is.

(Om both points, a copper sleeper is soldered onto the switch blades)

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think you will find anything scale in appearance. GEM does a functional lever, but well over 4 mm scale, fine for use on the base board edge linked to the lie bar via wire in the tube which can be buried into (or under) the base board surface, an etched or cast whitemetal cosmetic lever can be placed in situ to give the appearance, you may even get an etched lever to be worked by the tiebar   

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

UsiMost British turnouts (points) were operated using a double acting lever, you pull the lever to throw the turnout and then you pull it again to return it to its previous lye.

You will also need something to alter the polarity of the common crossing,  a lot of us use a slide switch that is drilled at right angles to the slide and use piano wire with a right angle bend in it pushed through the hole,  the centre terminal of the switch goes to the common crossing and the two outer terminals are connected to each running rail,  thus the switch does both jobs. Use a dummy lever by the side of the switch for authenticity.

The dummy levers are available from a variety of sources and may depend on the period and possibly company for the correct type.

• Thanks 1