"load more activity" now inconsistent?

• RMweb Gold

Over the last couple of days I have noticed that the "Load nore activity" button is acting inconsistently. Up until a few days ago, clicking on that button would cause it to disappear, and be replaced by the start of a new batch of topics, with the topics above remaining in place. The inconsistent activity I've recently noticed is that on clicking, the button remains in place, with a new batch of topics inserted above it, requiring me to scroll back to see the added content.

Not really a big problem, but  I think it's worth noting.

Thanks

Dave

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I've not had that problem, but every now and then, it will

'miss' a large chunk of time.

A few days ago I was scrolling down and it went from 10 hours

straight to April 29!

You have to start again to clear the problem.

• Agree 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, jcm@gwr said:

I've not had that problem, but every now and then, it will

'miss' a large chunk of time.

A few days ago I was scrolling down and it went from 10 hours

straight to April 29!

You have to start again to clear the problem.

That's a bug that can happen when someone edits a blog or gallery entry from the earlier date. Still not fixed by Invision.

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

11 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

That's a bug that can happen when someone edits a blog or gallery entry from the earlier date. Still not fixed by Invision.

In Chrome hitting the refresh/reload button in your browser will often 'fix' it temporarily.

Jon

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, unravelled said:

Over the last couple of days I have noticed that the "Load nore activity" button is acting inconsistently. Up until a few days ago, clicking on that button would cause it to disappear, and be replaced by the start of a new batch of topics, with the topics above remaining in place. The inconsistent activity I've recently noticed is that on clicking, the button remains in place, with a new batch of topics inserted above it, requiring me to scroll back to see the added content.

Not really a big problem, but  I think it's worth noting.

Thanks

Dave

I have had the same proplem, and I cleared the cach and cookies had no effect.

Terry  

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 08/09/2019 at 11:18, caradoc said:

Today's experience so far; First time I loaded more activity, the new items appeared below, as they should. On every subsequent occasion they appeared above.

Same here. Since it started happening a few days ago, it's always happened this way for me.

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

I reckon "Goldmembers" don't have this issue so it's just a ruse to convert the rest of us!

Mike.

(TIC).

The new content is delivered on Velum and read by a member of Bananarama, sadly it's the bonkers one so we're waiting for that glitch to be sorted.......roll on Platinum...

Edited by chris p bacon
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, unravelled said:

Wow! The thread I started turns into a conspiracy theory. I hope this helps to debunk it, though I fear it now won't be taken seriously...

Dave

Seriously, you must be joking!

There's no room for serious in this crazy world.

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've just found out that if the 'Load more activity' button is right at the very bottom of the screen, or partially below it but still clickable, then it seems to work OK.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, Ian J. said:

I've just found out that if the 'Load more activity' button is right at the very bottom of the screen, or partially below it but still clickable, then it seems to work OK.

I couldn't 'react' with both Informative and Agree, so I've put Thanks - your discovery seems to be working well for me so far!

• RMweb Gold

Using the Load More Activity button has been erratic for me since the new site started. 

I tend to use View New Content for a quick look at what's happening rather than going through all activity. Sometimes it works OK but on other occasions I get about three hours back and a click on Load More Activity will suddenly step me back about three or four months or even more, I've had up to a year step back one one occasion

Eric.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Two screenshots today as I scrolled down through View New Content and pressed the Load More Content button

515324738_RMwebdatestep.JPG.792bf4c2ffc74d304a95dacdb0a8b305.JPG

A jump from three hours ago to July 4

Pressing the browser's refresh button corrected the situation

374822784_RMwebdatestep2.JPG.64950439569c2ff318e02ea6b2ca137f.JPG

This was using Chrome on my desktop but I have had the same happen on an Android phone.

• RMweb Premium

The button does have be either partly off the bottom of the browser screen, of within about 5mm of it. Anything higher seems to cause the errant behaviour.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I read through this out of interest and because the entire site has been crawling along very sedately for me of late.  Some functions (appear to) require repeated clicks to activate though the first click might have worked but the response is so slow that it appears not to have worked.

The problem described here is not replicated on the Mac using OS 10.15.1 (Catalina latest update) running Safari 13.0.3 nor the iPhone OS 13.1.3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Ditto Firefox on laptop - I did notice that this afternoon

Firefox on Linux Mint on laptop still has the problem as of this morning.