Bachmann Class 150 Fitted Sound Issue

Steven Draper

• RMweb Gold

Hello and thanks for taking the time to help,

My Bachmann OO Class 150 factory fitted with a Sound Project and ESU chip - ran OK using my ESU ECoS controller except the trailer carriage flickered - well pulsed and were dimmer than the front driving unit. When one side of wheels was removed from the track they became brighter but still pulsed. This was over the whole layout.

I tried my old ZTC and surprising this was much better.

So I decided to do a factory reset of my ECoS and a CV 8 reset on the loco and then problems began.

My ECoS cannot find the loco for running - the little DCC green bar just hangs 1/3, though it will find it for CV adjustment but only on a prog track - although some CV's - the sound ones -  are no longer the factor default 8^(

However it runs using loco 3 on my ZTC except the slow speed start and stop is really jerky - as if power being applied in short pulses - and it does this on DC as well.

Just using a straight piece of track about 12' long - I've adjusted CV 29 through various options but no luck.

The ECoS is running fine with my N gauge so really can't work out what is going on - I don't think anything is damaged but somewhere a setting is probably out. 

Edited by Steven Draper
Loaded to quick !

• 2 weeks later...