Hornby B12 crankpins

Hi I'm looking to see if anyone knows what thread Hornby uses for their crankpins, particularly their (now old version, China made) B12?  I've tried 10BA, which is too big, and also ordered some for the T9 and generic 0-6-0;  neither of which fit, again being too big

Firstly try the Hornby website. They have Service Sheets for almost all their models but you will have to identify whether yours is the original Margate type or the latter improved Chinese made version.

I can't find the sheet for the original Margate model but believe that the Chinese made version was detailed in Sheet no. 218. 

Once you have identified what parts you need, try Peter's Spares as they seem to hold fairly comprehensive spares for both Hornby and Bachmann.

HTH

Jim

• Like 1

Thanks Jim, I have a pdf copy for both the Triang and Hornby service sheets and have consulted them, as well as having a look at a couple of Triang/Triang-Hornby B12 chassis .  I've searched Peter's spares, and x8626 (coupling rods and crankpins) doesn't show up, but x8407b shows up in the B12 search, though out of stock.   At the worst case I can drill out and tap to 10BA or 12BA but had thought I'd see if anyone knows the thread, which I'm guessing might be some M thread?