WWScenics Static Grass Kit 20% Sale

• RMweb Gold

I’m sure many of you are aware that War World Scenics manufacture the static grass applicators for Peco as well as their own range of grass

Until the end of this month they have a 20% off sale, which I have personally taken advantage of

I hope I’ve not broken any forum rules with this post, I'm in no way affiliated with WWS I just thought it would be worth letting those in the market for static grass or a static grass kit to take advantage of the sale as I have done

https://www.wwscenics.com/

Chris

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I am considering investing a static grass applicator which makes WWS’s sale interesting.

I currently use Woodland Scenics products supplemented by Peco grass  tufts. Whilst I need to develop my static grass skills, I am assuming that I can replicate the Peco tufts with an applicator and relevant sized grass?

As far as I can see there are 3 main makers of decent sized applicators, WWS, Peco (made by WWS?) and

Noch. I can’t find a review on RM Web using the search engine, is anyone aware of a review of each or a compare and contrast of the products?

any view or experience would be gratefully received 

• RMweb Gold

I have been researching as much as I can on line about static grass applicators in an effort to decide on whose to buy. I would prefer to buy a British made product but Woodland Scenics have moved to the top of my list because their applicator can be connected to the mains to provide/maintain power whereas WWS apperars battery power only. Price wise WS are similar to everyone else that I have looked at.

Given that I have large areas to cover, I am wary about using battery power only and finding that I am constantly having to buy new batteries. Am I right to be concerned about battery usage?