Perth Model Railway Exhibition 27 and 28 June 2020 - Cancelled

Waverley47708

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 08/02/2020 at 16:19, New Haven Neil said:

I'd love some details about which layouts are to be here for 2020 - I intend coming a long way to see this show as it is the only opportunity for me to be in the UK thid year.

Apologies for the delay in responding.

Please see our current list of layouts that will be attending the show.  I expect it will  be added to as we get nearer to June.

20200217_073857.jpg

• Like 2

On 19/02/2020 at 17:07, tigerburnie said:

Looking forward to this show, can you arrange for it to be a bit cooler than last year, I nearly melted  lol

Ironic really as the venue is an ice rink for some of the year!  Hopefully we can avoid a lightning strike this year which put some of the lights out last years for a minute or two

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Missed it last year because of a wedding .  I've warned them all this year . No nuptials on the last weekend of June !   Hoping to get a Scotrail HST from Glasgow to exhibition

• Like 1

Important information regarding advanced ticket option.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we will not now be able to offer the sale of advance tickets for our exhibition this year. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Edited by Waverley47708

• 2 weeks later...

Perth Exhibition 2020 - Cancelled

Today 16 March 2020 with a heavy heart but knowing it is the right thing to do, the Trustees of Scottish Model Engineering Trust along with the Exhibition Manager decided that it was no longer viable to run the Perth exhibition this year. The continued uncertainty and with peoples' health and well being in mind meant that only one decision could be made. We will be back in 2021 however and have been planning a great show which we can all enjoy once the virus crisis has been resolved

• Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium

Yes disappointing obviously , but in current circumstances I'm afraid there is no longer any doubt , its the right thing to do.

Best wishes to everyone involved .

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Although there will be no Perth Show this weekend we are pleased to confirm we've booked the Dewars Centre for 26 and 27th June 2021 for next years show.

In the meantime we will repost some videos from previous shows this coming weekend.

• Like 2

Normally we are very busy on the Friday before our show welcoming traders and exhibitors to the Dewar Centre as they set up for Perth Model Railway Exhibition.

Sadly none of us will be there this weekend as we like many other events had to cancel.

We hope to upload videos of past shows over the weekend.

Stay safe and remember there are only 365 sleeps until our 2021 show on 26th and 27th June 2021!

Many of our regular traders are online and we are sure would be happy to have a virtual visit from you this weekend.

First up a video from set up in 2019

• RMweb Gold

Are planning to roll-over the 2020 show to 2021, or to press ahead with the 2021 show as planned?
Many other shows have been effectively postponed for a year, rather than truly cancelled. 
Believe it or not next years diary is already filling up.
Many thanks.

Perth Model Railway Exhibition

Scotland's Summer Show

With no model railway exhibition today due to the Coronavirus, we hope you can enjoy the highlights from our 2019 show with Dean Park Station's video of the 2019 show and Andrew Gebbie's 3 part "trilogy" from last year.

Feel free to add a videos of layouts especially of any that had been booked for 2020.

Stay safe and we look forward to seeing you next year for our 2021 Exhibition on 26 and 27 June 2021.

So first up Dean Park 

Edited by Waverley47708
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Phatbob said:

Are planning to roll-over the 2020 show to 2021, or to press ahead with the 2021 show as planned?
Many other shows have been effectively postponed for a year, rather than truly cancelled. 
Believe it or not next years diary is already filling up.
Many thanks.

Thanks Phatbob, not sure I'll ask the exhibition manager who is no doubt already busy working on the plan.

• Thanks 1