Himley Park Parry People Movers

009 micro modeller

I came across this video, which includes some interesting footage of not only this line and the current standard gauge ones in Stourbridge, but also a temporary demonstration in Barking: 

The Himley line looked particularly interesting, but appears to have closed later in the 1990s. I would be interested to find out if it closed at the same time as the miniature railway and model village or earlier than this.

I also found these photos of the recovery of some of the miniature railway/model village remains, showing a PPM still on site: 

disused 2foot gauge tram

Himley Hall Model Village (January 2006)

There is some speculation in one of the comments that it may only be the body, and it would seem strange for the chassis etc not to have returned to the factory for use in further development of the PPM technology. It’s unclear whether it was also recovered at the same time as the miniature items so does anyone know what happened to it?

• 4 months later...

Fascinating video!  I went on the Himley one when I was verrrry little, when it was still the Model Village.  I know the miniature railway Intercity 125's got rescued just before the bulldozers went in, which would have been 2007-ish, I wonder what happened to the Parry unit?  I still kick myself a bit that it was all there, abandoned, and I never realised, I'd have loved to have gotten in to have a poke around and get some pictures...

• Like 1