Peco to take over Helmsman controllers

Nile

• RMweb Premium

Announced in the October Modeller, Peco is to take on production of Helmsman controllers.

Following a transfer of assets Peco production is likely to start early next year. They will then be available through Peco stockists.

Interesting and positive (and negative, and a bit of AC too), because it fits nicely with Peco and ensures continuing availability.

i wonder if Peco will continue to take under their wing selected ‘small supplier’ products as the founders of product-lines decide to retire or WHY?

• Agree 1

The owner of Helmsman is a really helpful chap. I have one of his controllers which worked well until I accidentally connected another power supply to the same track and blew the Helmsman. I said what had happened and that it was entirely my fault it had blown but Helmsman said the unit was guaranteed for life and so he repaired it for just the cost of the postage.

That's what I call looking after your customers. The controller I have is solid and just does exactly what it is supposed to without any fuss.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 weeks later...