Bachmann updates

Phil Parker

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Markwj said:

Great video did you get to play with the 20/3 how were the light functions?

We didn't but we were advised that the most outboard marker lights can't work due to the extreme position being inaccessible to rout an LED or fibre connection to. I did start a conversation off whether it would be possible to have a connection between the nose sockets for multiple working; we did discuss possibilities but each would have detracted from the socket appearance or had tooling issues to achieve at that angle.

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Did they mention any of the other detail differences that they have tooled for with the 1532 class like a Johnson smokebox door?  They look stunning, and I'm glad that they shouldn't be too hard to convert to EM/P4 too.

Edited by GWR8700

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, GWR8700 said:

Did they mention any of the other detail differences that they have tooled for with the 1532 class like a Johnson smokebox door?  They look stunning, and I'm glad that they shouldn't be too hard to convert to EM/P4 too.

Not specifically but I think it's a loco with more permutations to come in future catalogues.

31 minutes ago, meatloaf said:

Andy was there any sign of the whiskies set with the sound fitted 20 in it?

Not yet but, for clarity, it's worth saying that will be the existing tooling.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, scots region said:

Is everything alright Andy? Its just I noticed your hands were shaking a fair wee bit. 

You try operating cranes, coupling N gauge thingies and other bits whilst talking for a full 25 minutes without rehearsing anything and you'd need a drink too.

• Like 2
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 3

The crane is certainly a sacred piece of kit. Whether or not we need it to be "that" great is open to debate.

The first detailed crane in RTR and they have produced a Rolls Royce. I'm buying one but I may end up being too scared to run it!

• Agree 1

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, drmditch said:

Thank you for the information and pictures.

Without wishing to seem ungrateful, was there any news of the V2 ?

Nothing specific other than it's still in progress. One of the new guys is very keen on it and was disappointed with the previous "warmed-over" version so this would point to a pretty serious amount of work going on to bring it up to where the firm believes a modern model should be.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Mouth watering video. Thank you, Andy. As you said, saving up and planning will be needed.

“Some people have been going on and on and on and on and on and on and on, where’s my 94XX?” I wonder who he’s thinking of. :D I can’t say I blame the person in question. Whilst the 94XX looks very good, I have to be careful not to rant about the V2.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for that Andy, very interesting.  even more interesting is that the bubble car comes with the headcode for my local branchline (hopefully at both ends) and i wonder if the destination blinds will match the headcodes?   That must be taking detail questions to a new level. 

The 94XX continues to look good and, as I have said before, it will no doubt be here once it has arrived, we need ask for nothing more on that.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2019 at 07:35, nickb4141 said:

Great video, but Farish 319 announced last year?! I think it was a bit longer ago than that! :) (looks like its a great model though) 

The N gauge class 319 was announced 1st March 2016 as part of their new 2016/17 range. And there's thread on the Farish part of RMweb discussing this first EP version.

• RMweb Gold
On 16/09/2019 at 19:07, No Decorum said:

I wonder who he’s thinking of. :D 

I couldn't possibly comment...:huh:

If the person in question, whoever he (or she) is, has had any influence on the release of this model, which I doubt, then I am sure he (or she) would think this to be A Very Good Thing.  It would suggest that Bachmann, a very big player by UK RTR standards and part of an international mega-business, read sites such as this and are fully and properly aware of their customers' opinions and take notice of them when they can in a perceptible way, rather than paying lip service ('we take our valued customers' views very seriously' sort of platitudes), which I find re-assuring, and have no doubt that he (or she) does as well.  Absolutely no doubt... 

Bachmann produce very finely detailed and accurate models that run very well, and I am sure that the person in question, whoever he (or she) is, is delighted that progress has been made and that the model will be available in the foreseeable fairly near future, and probably agrees with me that the engineering samples look superb.  

• Like 1
  • Funny 3