Bachmann updates

Phil Parker

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

It would suggest that Bachmann, a very big player by UK RTR standards and part of an international mega-business, read sites such as this and are fully and properly aware of their customers' opinions and take notice of them when they can in a perceptible way, rather than paying lip service ('we take our valued customers' views very seriously' sort of platitudes), which I find re-assuring

Bachmann does look at RMweb but doesn't take part directly. It would be very easy to eat several people's time discussing the minutiae of every model with a group of persistent people. Far quicker to do the research yourself and deal with a small number of subject experts (rather than those who think they are experts) out of the public gaze. Then make EPs and CADs available for comment, but stay out of the bear-pit. After all, if every model had to be approved by every person on here, nothing would ever get made!

The team are enthusiasts and have always struck me as keen to keep pushing standards of accuracy and quality. However, this also has to be balanced with a whole load of practical and commercial considerations, not an easy balancing act and one that there will always be someone who thinks they have got wrong. 

• Like 6
  • Agree 8
  • Thanks 2

Hi @AY Mod,

The GWR Class 158 is looking very good indeed I don't suppose you know what's on the other destination blind and also the destinatons on the blue/grey Class 121 i think one of them could be Par. 

Also the low floor mechanism in the class 158 makes a lot of difference to how it looks it would be nice if Bachmann could do a similar thing to their Class 150 to incorparate a low floor mechanism on par with the Class 158 before they produce the models announced.

Thanks,

Samuel. 

Edited by sc2016