Revolution Class 313 and 314 in N

JR_P

Hi Gang,

This is great news. I will be in for a bundle of 314s to go with my Class 320s already on order. It will be interesting to narrow the 314 liveries down from the 5 main that they have carried over the years, namely;

1. Blue/Grey

2. Strathclyde Red

3. Carmine & Cream

4. Carmine & Cream with DDA doors

5. Saltire

My personal preference would be 2, 3 or 4 and 5.....if I was to narrow it further, I would go down to one of the Carmine and Cream choices.....it’s going to be difficult!!

See you tomorrow at TINGS as I am in the country for once!

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

21 minutes ago, gelboy45 said:

And please don't forget the 3rd rail Class 508s on Mersey routes and Southeastern ........

:0)))

Gerry

Hi Gerry;

I’m wondering if the 507/508 variant may be one for the future as a new roof would have to be tooled without the pantograph well. Then there would be the question of revised headlights in the Merseyrail era.

One for the Revolution gents to ponder...

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

On 14/09/2019 at 15:57, JR_P said:

WOW, look at this:

http://www.revolutiontrains.com/pep-talk-from-revolution/

:locomotive:

This is awesome news - one of the trains of my childhood. I reckon the ‘OO’ modellers will be jealous....!

LOADS of other announcements too; in fact, too many to mention here!!!

Thanks for sharing JR_P

Excellent news, seems like in N gauge we're going to have a good selection of EMUs. The OO gaugers are going to miss out.

I'm fairly certain that if there's enough interest RevolutioN Trains will take up the project in OO.

That being said can you please give a title a little more detail, RevolutioN Trains produce models in both N gauge and OO gauge. A better and more informative title to this thread would be nice. :)

Edited by MGR Hooper!
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Ben A said:

John,

How different are they?  Are we talking changes to the fabric of the trains or livery embellishments?

cheers

Ben A.

Livery mostly, at least three different lengths of dark green semi circle behind side cab door (one has different versions at each end!), white gutters vice Green on one side of one car on 202 (possibly also on 201 before its repaint), some have one or both corner grills on the middle coach plated over and some have different front cab handrails on the secondmans side where the second windscreen wiper used to be.

• Thanks 1

I don't model MI. I don't model MI. I don't model MI. I don't model MI.

Ah forget it. Put me down for an NSE version. These units were such a part of my formative years that I just have to get one.

Edited by Karhedron
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Not for a good few years yet (frequent breakdowns that it seems to be suffering this year permitting!) as the latest date for the retirement of the Coastway 313's is drifting past 2025 now...

The farewell tour for the GN ones however is in a couple of weeks time though.

• RMweb Premium

I like the Coastway 313s - they are in much better condition inside and out than the GN 313s - the latter are really shabby these days! That said, I’ve got some photos of exquisitely graffitied GN 313s :D !!!

Not heard anyone calling for a 315 - no one ever seems interested in GEML or WAML stock.... I grew up traveling into Liverpool Street (and KX).... got a soft spot for all things East Anglian....

30 minutes ago, JR_P said:

Not heard anyone calling for a 315 - no one ever seems interested in GEML or WAML stock.... I grew up traveling into Liverpool Street (and KX).... got a soft spot for all things East Anglian....

The 315s have a very limited sphere of operation for their entire working lives compared to the 313s which have spread to rather unlikely places. The same could be said of the the 314s to some extent, they do not require any extra tooling as they are basically 313s without the DC equipment. A 315 would require tooling up and addition vehicle in the shape of the TSO.

Still, maybe RevolutioN will produce a 315 down the line, even if it is not part of the initial offering.

• Agree 1