Revolution Class 313 and 314 in N

JR_P

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Adamphillip said:

Will definitely be getting a set or 2 of the urban lights ones

This is my top choice livery too - FCC as a livery is completely unrepresented despite serving some of the busiest London commuter routes for a decade…. longer if you consider that the GN re-brand was just a sticker over the FCC logo…. 

The usual "not my era" caveat but even still it has to be said the EP looks superb. I am vaguely familiar having occasionally travelled on these units and it really does capture the look well in my opinion.

A big "well done" to Ben, Mike and the Team.

Roy

• Thanks 1

Being a double track bottleneck between four track sections Digswell Viaduct is as busy as an exhibition roundy roundy. Even truncating the 40 arches but still with track 200mm above the valley floor would make an impressive section for a roundy roundy with a limited fiddle yard round the back for the frequent 91 + Mk4 sets, some 312s (and later EMUs) and the occasional 313.

Edited by Mike Harvey
added detail
  • Like 1

Excellent news - NSE livery for me.

Has there been a sound demo of the imminently-arriving 320/321 released anywhere? It would be good to get an idea of the sound quality we can expect on the 313/314s before placing an order.
Graham

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Kaolin2FS said:

Excellent news - NSE livery for me.

Has there been a sound demo of the imminently-arriving 320/321 released anywhere? It would be good to get an idea of the sound quality we can expect on the 313/314s before placing an order.
Graham

The 320/321 sound file is from Legomanbiffo if that helps find a video of the sound file. 

3 hours ago, Revolution Mike said:

The 320/321 sound file is from Legomanbiffo if that helps find a video of the sound file. 

Thanks Mike, that’s really helpful, easy to find on YouTube and the sounds are excellent. 
Graham

• Like 1

On 14/01/2022 at 20:26, TomE said:

Get your orders in! 313/314 now available to pre-order https://www.revolutiontrains.com/product-category/pre-order/ngauge/class-313-314/

Just got my order in for an NSE liveried one. Not sure what is was doing on a western branchline in 1950s Somerset but I will figure something out. :D

Edited by Karhedron
  • Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
On 16/01/2022 at 19:00, Karhedron said:

Just got my order in for an NSE liveried one. Not sure what is was doing on a western branchline in 1950s Somerset but I will figure something out. :D

I was thinking of de-motorising one in blue/grey and running it behind a 37 or 47 with a barrier/translator at each end.

Don't suppose a dummy version is an option???

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Davexoc said:

Don't suppose a dummy version is an option???

A dummy version may be possible but as it would need revised PCBs for the centre car in fewer numbers the unit cost would almost certainly be higher than for the powered model. 

We think it wouldn’t prove popular on those terms.

Because all the pickups are axle pin points, not wipers,  the chassis does not have too much drag however. 

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Premium

Does the Southern version come without the pantograph on the roof?  It would be a tad superfluous!!  Nice touch is the choice of numbers, 204 or 206.  

Also, is the infamous 201 being done at some point?

Edited by John M Upton
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi John,

Yes, the SR version has been tooled to correctly depict the pantograph removed.  

313201 in the modern version of BR blue grey (with the doors in grey for accessibility) would be an excellent choice.  I understand this vehicle (originally 313001) has been set aside for the National Collection once it is withdrawn to reflect the PEP family's importance in British railway history.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A sound chip for 313201 would require the sound of swearing drivers and disgruntled fitters as it has a habit of habitually breaking down...  Drove it once, never again please!!!  Give me 313202 any day!

• Funny 2