Revolution Class 313 and 314 in N

JR_P

Having found a couple of reference books they have following differences for the PEP stock when built

313 (B)DMS

1st 10? with large ventilators (photo with them on 313009)

Shoe gear on both bogies

Right windows (Top) 4 character reporting number (left when looking towards the front)

Left window destination

Door actuators ( replaced within 12ish months)

314 (B)DMS

Right windows destination

Left window via route

315 (B)DMS

Right windows 4 character reporting number

Left window destination

507 (B)DMS

Shoe gear on both bogies

Right windows ?

Left window destination

508 (B)DMS

Shoe gear on outer bogie (were inner ones added when moved fro SR to Merseyside?)

Right windows via route

Left window destination

313 PTS

6 windows

314/315 PTS

7 windows (one small)

315/455/507/508 TS

Similar body with detail differences on underframe. 507 had shoe gear on one bogie.

When built 313 had door mounted door switches. 315/508 had rubber buttons and the rest had guard operated doors.

All vehicles (including both TS on 508) had different TOPS diagram numbers.

Edited by Bomag
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Interesting shot here of 313007 showing both the large roof vents and a rather unusual version of early NSE livery. Much less black around the cab windows than the final version. I prefer the latter livery but I thought this one was interesting enough to share.

3628501623_44b5155087_c.jpg

Edited by Karhedron
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...

Would be chuffed as a pig in tommy-tit to see one of these. Silverlink (maybe with LO stickers) would be my preference for the layout I am contemplating, (which includes DLR and underground). Failing that, any of the liveries in East London might work as well. 

EDIT: I just realised that the protoypes had various blanking patches used and add-on patches for London overground. You could produce one base livery model in the basic livery, with full yellow doors, and then offer a decal sheet for the silverlink logos and (or) later LO logos, with decals to continue the lining over the yellow doors prior to the accessibility regulations resulting in them being full yellow. 

Edited by ianmianmianm
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, JR_P said:

Spotted this latest news item this morning regarding the 313/314 project:

http://www.revolutiontrains.com/pep-talk/

A visit to see Southern’s 313 for R&D purposes - I think these are the only active 313 (or 314) left on the national rail network now, bar the sole yellow NR example.

Yes and no, the nineteen Southern ones are the only active ones left now.  The Network Rail one (121) is mothballed at Eastleigh Works and had been for a while now whilst I am unsure if any of the Great Northern ones are still intact, quite a lot have been towed off to the scrappy now but a few may be still stored awaiting disposal.

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, John M Upton said:

Yes and no, the nineteen Southern ones are the only active ones left now.  The Network Rail one (121) is mothballed at Eastleigh Works and had been for a while now whilst I am unsure if any of the Great Northern ones are still intact, quite a lot have been towed off to the scrappy now but a few may be still stored awaiting disposal.

All GN ones have been scrapped. Some came out of very early hours of Sunday mornings, went to Newport Monday morning, and were in the compactor Tuesday morning! 

• 6 months later...

I have seen very little news about this project in recent months but hope it is still progressing. Was anything said at yesterdays RevolutioN Facebook event? - I cant get the video from yesterday’s event to play for some reason. 

• RMweb Premium
50 minutes ago, Marke said:

Was anything said at yesterdays RevolutioN Facebook event?

Nope, no mention of the 313/314 project, but as I recall a few other items also failed to garner a mention, such as the timber wagons.... I wouldn’t worry - as far as I know it’s broadly on-track....

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Yes, just to clarify that the 313/314 are proceeding through CAD and as soon as the work is to a standard we are happy with we’ll be sure to publish images.

The timber carriers samples have been held up a little in HK but will be here soon.

The FB live was 50 minutes long when I finally ground to a halt; we don’t mention projects where there is no real news for time reasons!

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, toolongtoremember said:

Anybody got any updates on this project?

Have you had a look at the projects bit of Revolution’s website? I understand that is where the latest updates are.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Western Aviator said:

Have you had a look at the projects bit of Revolution’s website? I understand that is where the latest updates are.

I have, there is text stating it is in Final CAD corrections, but that was put on there a very long time ago and there is no more information other than that. 

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, toolongtoremember said:

I have, there is text stating it is in Final CAD corrections, but that was put on there a very long time ago and there is no more information other than that. 

Ben and Mike have repeatedly said that their website has the most up to date information on their projects. If there is “no more information other than that” perhaps that means there isn’t any update yet. I don’t have anything to do with manufacturing railway models but if I did I would be sure to put any progress information on my website so that I wouldn’t have to waste my time responding to questions like, “what’s the latest on X, Y or Z?”

Edited by Western Aviator
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, toolongtoremember said:

There was very brief mention on the last facebook live, to the extent that the CAD is still being worked on. 

Tom.  

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

So, on the Facebook Live event it was mentioned that the CAD was still being worked on and the progress section of the website says “final CAD corrections”. Sounds like the website is bang up to date to me. QED.

Edited by Western Aviator
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...