Revolution Class 313 and 314 in N

JR_P

Has this become a wants/wish list? N class 128s and OO ACs mentioned despite being headed as N 313/314. 

If so, anything SR/BR(S) 3rd rail EMU in N for me (an EPB would be great). Sadly OO is too large for my liking.

;-)

Edited by grahame
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

For clarity, the livery choices we are offering are confirmed and they are as follows:

313: Blue/Grey; NSE; Silverlink: with Silverlink Metro branding or London Underground; Dynamic Lines: with FCC  or Great Northern branding; Southern

314: Scotrail Saltire; Strathclyde Orange (SPT Carmine & Cream crept in where it shouldn't have)

We're also discussing a couple of other versions with retailers: NR yellow and the heritage Blue/Grey (with the grey doors).

Cheers Mike

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TomE said:

The proposed liveries are as follows: 

81D754B2-95D2-409E-BF02-587CB22473B5.jpeg.16b1186c15db143d5fb07692cfeb1ff8.jpeg7F51ACC1-3FF6-4CA5-8536-4052B9A7C809.jpeg.518580cd7f264d83e245c8f75f65abde.jpegBB694DF4-1120-4031-A502-A60F6E381DC4.jpeg.abce38513ee4609316874149a2c5b188.jpeg5C1A5C59-7A6A-4DE9-B477-45550E90837D.jpeg.27e00aa1f31a0a96116f7ee915815b40.jpeg

Tom. 

Very interested in the class 314, but very surprised that you aren’t offering this in Blue & Grey or the Carmine & Cream liveries as these were a lot longer lived than the Saltire livery that was only applied to a handful of sets? Is there no way you can put these on the ordering list when you open it and see if you get enough orders? Failing that, it would make sense for these liveries being exclusive retailer options, as these were a lot more mainstream than the 313 Heritage Blue & Grey or Network Yellow liveries?

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, nickb4141 said:

Very interested in the class 314, but very surprised that you aren’t offering this in Blue & Grey

I only just discovered recently that the 314 was delivered in TransClyde branded blue-grey.... hard to pin down how long that livery lasted from photos, as I can only find about a dozen images on the whole of the internet.... but, based on information I have read, it was superseded by SPT orange-black by early 80s, circa ‘83, so only lasted four or five years.

I presume it is a standard blue-grey application just with the TransClyde branding - perhaps a possible retailer special....?

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Padishar Creel said:

Hallo,

Are the GG TransClyde available from any of the decal/transfer manufacturers? If so which one? Thinking of a conversion of the BlueGrey 313.

Thanks for any Info

es grüßt 

pc

Railtec do GG Trans-Clyde decals  in 4mm . I got some for my Class 126 build thats proceeding at glacier like pace . They may do 2mm too as Met Camm class 101s carried them , and these are available in n

Edited by Legend
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, red death said:

For clarity, the livery choices we are offering are confirmed and they are as follows:

313: Blue/Grey; NSE; Silverlink: with Silverlink Metro branding or London Underground; Dynamic Lines: with FCC  or Great Northern branding; Southern

314: Scotrail Saltire; Strathclyde Orange (SPT Carmine & Cream crept in where it shouldn't have)

We're also discussing a couple of other versions with retailers: NR yellow and the heritage Blue/Grey (with the grey doors).

Cheers Mike

Hello Mike,

I'm a bit confused so I've probably missed something, but Ben focused on the Carmine and Cream livery particularly last night when duscussing the 314s and said it was being offered...

Is that not now the case?

Best

Scott.

1 hour ago, scottystitch said:

Hello Mike,

I'm a bit confused so I've probably missed something, but Ben focused on the Carmine and Cream livery particularly last night when duscussing the 314s and said it was being offered...

Is that not now the case?

Best

Scott.

It’s a very strange decision to exclude the Carmine and Cream livery, as it was worn by all of the class from 1997 to when most units were withdrawn in 2019/20, so represents well over half of the units lifespan. I’m hoping these are offered as I won’t be able to justify one with the 20 year timescale of my layout, which would be a real shame as 5he CAD’s look fantastic!

2 hours ago, JR_P said:

I only just discovered recently that the 314 was delivered in TransClyde branded blue-grey.... hard to pin down how long that livery lasted from photos, as I can only find about a dozen images on the whole of the internet.... but, based on information I have read, it was superseded by SPT orange-black by early 80s, circa ‘83, so only lasted four or five years.

I presume it is a standard blue-grey application just with the TransClyde branding - perhaps a possible retailer special....?

All the 314’s were delivered in Blue & Grey livery from new in 1979. The Strathclyde Orange and Black livery was first introduced in 1986, but it would have taken quite a while to repaint all units, so B&G livery would be appropriate if you modelled the 1980’s period.

• RMweb Gold

As I said the inclusion of Carmine & Cream was a mistake.

We learned from the 320 that offering all 3 liveries just means that all the 3 liveries will struggle to meet MOQs and that Strathclyde Orange was more popular than Carmine & Cream (and that Scotrail Saltire was more popular than both), so we've picked liveries that give the best possible spread of time periods given what I've just said.

If we offer Strathclyde Orange and Carmine & Cream there is a significant probability that neither would get produced...

Cheers Mike

• Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Legend said:

Railtec do GG Trans-Clyde decals  in 4mm . I got some for my Class 126 build thats proceeding at glacier like pace . They may do 2mm too as Met Camm class 101s carried them , and these are available in n

Unfortunately not. 

No idea how much effort is required to shrink to 2mm, probably not worth his while.

Thanks for replying

es grüßt

pc

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, red death said:

We learned from the 320 that offering all 3 liveries just means that all the 3 liveries will struggle to meet MOQs and that Strathclyde Orange was more popular than Carmine & Cream (and that Scotrail Saltire was more popular than both), so we've picked liveries that give the best possible spread of time periods given what I've just said.

If we offer Strathclyde Orange and Carmine & Cream there is a significant probability that neither would get produced...

Cheers Mike

Okay Mike, thanks for the clarification.  That's the livery I'd have taken a couple of, so I'll need to have a rethink.

Best

Scott.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, red death said:

Cheers Mike

Totally understand where you’re coming from, but the 314’s are a slightly different case to the 320’s in that the Carmine & Cream livery has been the the most common livery for the last 23 years, so it seems strange to exclude the livery that most wore for the longest period of service. The 320’s were different in that the Saltire livery was applied to the whole class and quite a few years ago, whereas it was only applied to just 6 units of the class 314’s. It’s a little bit like releasing a class 47 and not doing it in BR Blue. Please could you reconsider, as would love a couple of 314’s looking at those CAD’s :)

I would be interested in a 00 version if one was produced having spent nearly five years working on them at Watford!!!  BR blue/grey and NSE livery   313001- 017 plus I think 021 & 034 for a short while.   They covered the Watford - Euston DC services, Richmond - North Woolwich,  am & pm peak Watford - Liverpool Street.  Based at Bletchley for maintenance and occasional visits to Hornsey for tyre turning. If I remember correctly we also had a Mon- Fri evening parcel service using a 313 from Euston - Milton Keynes (move used to get unit to Bletchley for exams).

Prior to DOO operation coming in on the DC lines there was the occasional use of 6 car units in operation.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Re the 314s:  Photographic research suggests the Stathclyde livery lasted until Spring 2013, and the Saltire livery came in 2011. So there is no point at which all 314s were Carmine and Cream.

I agree the Carmine and Cream livery is attractive, but the reality is the liveries on offer cover the lifespan of the Class in Scotland from 1983 until withdrawal.

As Mike said, our experience is that if you offer too much choice in a niche market such as N EMUs, then it tends to 'split the vote' and nothing reaches MoQ.  We'd love to do everything everyone wants, but we have to be realistic, and we've seen where over-promising can lead.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1