Roco DB211 to DCC

ellocoloco

Hi, 

I have a Roco DB class 211 from around 1999/00 which has an 8 pin socket built in. 

The instruction show fitting a standard 8 pin decoder and sticking it the the cab roof. I was wondering if anyone has fitted an 8 pin direct decoder to one of these and will it fit? (the decoder socket is in the centre of the cab, but as I have never actually seen a direct 8 pin up close, so thought I'd seek advice!)

Thanks in advance. 

3 hours ago, ellocoloco said:

Hi, 

I have a Roco DB class 211 from around 1999/00 which has an 8 pin socket built in. 

The instruction show fitting a standard 8 pin decoder and sticking it the the cab roof. I was wondering if anyone has fitted an 8 pin direct decoder to one of these and will it fit? (the decoder socket is in the centre of the cab, but as I have never actually seen a direct 8 pin up close, so thought I'd seek advice!)

Thanks in advance. 

If you get a small enough chip it will fit, some are no bigger than the blanking plate

Edited by JiLo

• RMweb Premium

If you shorten the decoder wires to the minimum (careful when soldering not to ruin the 8-pin connector. Advisable to put it into a socket while doing it) and fix the decoder with bluetack it should be much less mess in the cab. If you stick it to the cab roof paint over the wires with grey or black paint and stick the into a corner or behind the exhaust.

Good luck

Vecchio