Hudswell Clarke 1800 Class

48 minutes ago, Ruston said:

The wheel spacing doesn't look right for an 1800 class. Is the body actually faithful to the prototype in scale length and it's just that chassis that's wrong, or have you altered the body to fit the chassis?

It isnt. But that shouldn't be a problem as the correct wheels are only 3'7" and sit under the footplate. The original has a very short wheelbase. If the overall length has been stretched, it doesn't show.

I'll certainly be grabbing one. It's funny, a few years ago I remember thinking that I'd love to model the Port of London Authority railways, but there were no suitable locomotives available apart from the Austerity. Now there's the Janus, the Peckett W4 and this. I really ought to get down to that layout build...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Corbs,

The body has been produced from a drawing of the original locos but you are correct the chassis is a compromise.

Our aim was to produce easy to build kits that anyone can build and would fit on RTR chassis. I have seen some fantastic examples our our kits completed by modellers far more talented than me. However even a beginner can make a really good go of these kits and add something a little different to their layouts. The feedback has been great and the ethos sees to be working. Its not for everyone - those who want finescale industrials have a nice variety of kits available. However (and I am firmly in this camp) not everyone has the skills or time or courage to give one a go.

Watch this space for more.... :-)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...