RevolutioN Trains Announce VTG FWA "EcoFret" in N

MGR Hooper!

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 15/09/2019 at 14:49, YesTor said:

Ooooooh, I guess someone has to ask the obvious question first, so...  a possibility for OO gauge?  :biggrin_mini2:

I’m going to second that, even with my health issues, I would love some.  To paraphrase Field of Dreams “If you build them, we will order them” lol

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/10/2019 at 04:53, jools1959 said:

I’m going to second that, even with my health issues, I would love some.  To paraphrase Field of Dreams “If you build them, we will order them” lol

Whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion, with the amount of excellent intermodal wagons on the market, would expect there are more more pressing models for "OO".  For something thats a little different, I'd suggest the Sturgeon.  A little fishy perhaps?  But would make a wonderful model!

Regards,

C. 

• RMweb Premium

Different market though ultimately. They never ran concurrently, and intermodal flows dominate the modern scene, so diversity of wagons is a great thing. 

But these are an N gauge product (luckily), so take your wish listing elsewhere ;)

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, dogbox321 said:

Whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion, with the amount of excellent intermodal wagons on the market, would expect there are more more pressing models for "OO".  For something thats a little different, I'd suggest the Sturgeon.  A little fishy perhaps?  But would make a wonderful model!

Regards,

C. 

Hello dogbox321

Firstly, all the best to Ben and RevolutioN on this announcement. 

As some of the company's N models 'scale up' to 00, I hope Ben won't mind me interjecting with a note about The 00 Wishlist Poll 2019 which is currently running on the RMweb link below.

If you wish to vote, you will find the Ecofret in Category 18 Freight Stock: 1964-Current and the Sturgeon in Category 19 General Railway Service Stock: Departmental (Steam Era).

Hope that helps.

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Wishlist Poll Team)

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/148198-qa-the-00-wishlist-poll-2019/&tab=comments#comment-3695684

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your note and yes, I would urge 00 modellers to take part and indicate their wants, whether Ecofrets, Sturgeons or anything else for that matter.

It is a shame the wish list no longer covers N too; I understand the reasons for this but I would hope in years to come volunteers can be found so N can be reinstated.

cheers

Ben A.

• Agree 3

8 hours ago, BMacdermott said:

Hello Ben

I know the matter is in hand (but outside the influence of The 00 Team, although we still remain ready to assist where needed).

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Wishlist Poll Team)

Hi Brian

That is good to know.

While I completely understand why the N Gauge wish-list was dropped given the limited time volunteers have, I think to an extent the wish-lists in N and 00 complement one another so to have the N Gauge one back would be a really positive move. 

Regards

Roy

Edited by Roy L S
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I don't wish to continue the off topic discussion, but as Brian alluded to a few of us continue to look at resurrecting the N gauge poll, and I helped Brian and the team out with the OO gauge one this year. The work isn't insignificant, but I'd be keen to get it going again, not least as we have a growing number of 'new' entrants to the market (meaning not Dapol/Farish) who have the agility to respond to public demand and deliver products more quickly.

I certainly eagerly await the FWAs, like all of Revolution's previous offerings I'm sure they'll be a superb model.

Nick

Edited by njee20
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

It was a tongue in cheek comment, aimed at Dogbox, hence the smiley, but it's one thing people coming on the thread to say "can you make this in OO gauge please?", but it's a bit of a step to say "can you make this entirely different model in a different gauge?".

Why not start a thread requesting a OO gauge Sturgeon? Or more generally trying to show the comparative levels of interest in Revolution's products with a poll so they can have a more reasonable idea of what may prove popular.

Edited by njee20
  • Agree 1

Hi - my response was only suggesting that there is a good selection of Intermodal Wagons available already from Hornby's KFA, to Bachmanns FIA and FFA/FGA, Dapols FEA, Megafret and Davis 45', plus Realtracks Lowliner, and Hattons offering  (Sorry for any I have forgotten, but you get the jist!), and that perhaps in view of this, then the likes of the Sturgeon (or HOA for that matter), would be a better option in OO.  Nothing more.

Regards,

C.

• RMweb Premium

All very interesting, again why not discuss it on a thread that's not for an N gauge product...!? We don't have many things you guys don't, no need to wade in and make it all about OO! :D

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

The N gauge Ecofrets are just being checked over and will be in stock very shortly so we will start to send out orders next week. 

If you paid a deposit then you should receive a balance invoice by email over the next few days. 

Cheers Mike

• RMweb Premium

I love these wagons - really nice detail and livery decoration - I particularly like the ecofret branding on the decks of the GBRf triple sets.

They seem to run really well and the inter-car coupling bar is surprisingly easy to clip together and surprisingly robust (so far!).... I’ve also swapped the standard coupler on the outer ends for the Revolution NEM screw link couplings - a long rake of these really look the part, especially without the clunky traditional coupling.

The only drawback I have found so far, is that the tolerance of the container pips fitting into the locating holes is just a fraction of a millimetre different.... and I really mean just a fraction - I’m guessing paint slightly filling the locating holes on the deck probably means some of the holes are just fractionally too small or not quite the same distance apart as the pips on the containers.... all is not lost though, because in trying out all of the C-Rail 40ft HC containers I have, I was able to find at least one container that would fit on every wagon - as I say, it is really very fine tolerances, but not insurmountable :good: !

However, for the middle deck on the triple sets, there are no 20ft containers that will locate, so that is a case of gluing those, if so inclined.... or just ignore 20-footers until @arran does his own 20-footers [please!] ;) !!!

Anyway, all in all, another awesome wagon from Revolution.... feeling like I may have under-ordered Freightliner twin-sets so might have to have a few more of those :D !!!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JR_P said:

I love these wagons - really nice detail and livery decoration - I particularly like the ecofret branding on the decks of the GBRf triple sets.

They seem to run really well and the inter-car coupling bar is surprisingly easy to clip together and surprisingly robust (so far!).... I’ve also swapped the standard coupler on the outer ends for the Revolution NEM screw link couplings - a long rake of these really look the part, especially without the clunky traditional coupling.

The only drawback I have found so far, is that the tolerance of the container pips fitting into the locating holes is just a fraction of a millimetre different.... and I really mean just a fraction - I’m guessing paint slightly filling the locating holes on the deck probably means some of the holes are just fractionally too small or not quite the same distance apart as the pips on the containers.... all is not lost though, because in trying out all of the C-Rail 40ft HC containers I have, I was able to find at least one container that would fit on every wagon - as I say, it is really very fine tolerances, but not insurmountable :good: !

However, for the middle deck on the triple sets, there are no 20ft containers that will locate, so that is a case of gluing those, if so inclined.... or just ignore 20-footers until @arran does his own 20-footers [please!] ;) !!!

Anyway, all in all, another awesome wagon from Revolution.... feeling like I may have under-ordered Freightliner twin-sets so might have to have a few more of those :D !!!

Hi All

i tried a tank on the middle wagon and it was ok But slightly tight .  The 40ft I tried sat ok 

it can be the paint as I’m sure Ben had tried that fit , as they sat very well on the KFAs .

if it’s me I would use a slightly bigger drill in a pin Chuck  to open out the holes a fraction.

regards Arran 

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

The lastest edition of Rail magazine (1002) has a report on an accident investigation involving some eco-fret wagons. 

The conclusion is that there is a risk that the middle wagon on a triple set is more likely to derail if there is an unbalanced load. Following the investigation, there are new rules that require the middle car must be loaded unless the outer cars are also unloaded. The article suggests that triple sets have to be either fully loaded or fully unloaded. 

Regards 

Nick 

• Like 2