Hornby Class 08

TravisM

• RMweb Gold

I’ve always liked Hornby’s recent Class 08 models, and I know there will always be a need for BR Black, Green, Blue, Sectorisation and privatisation schemes, but can we start seeing those in lease/hire service such as RMS Locotec etc?  I model the present day and I’d love to have a hired in Class 08 rumbling along on my layout.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, jools1959 said:

I’ve always liked Hornby’s recent Class 08 models, and I know there will always be a need for BR Black, Green, Blue, Sectorisation and privatisation schemes, but can we start seeing those in lease/hire service such as RMS Locotec etc?  I model the present day and I’d love to have a hired in Class 08 rumbling along on my layout.

Occasionally preserved 08’s are hired into industry, so an old livery isn't beyond possibility to see at a private yard somewhere.

My favourite, was back in the early 90’ seeing a BR blue 03 shunting at a siding in Salford, right next to the Liverpool mainline line.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 1

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 00:22, jools1959 said:

I’ve always liked Hornby’s recent Class 08 ... but can we start seeing those in lease/hire service such as RMS Locotec etc?...

Have you made this request on Hornby's site, they do have a place for such input. I would suspect that if you could characterise the request it will only enhance its chances: XYZ have a fleet of (number) 08s seen at (locations) in the period (year date) to present. Obviously there's a lot more detail could be added if you have it available.

• Agree 1