RevolutioN Announce IWA Holdall Vans and Timber Carriers in N Gauge

MGR Hooper!

• RMweb Gold

Please do give a title a little more detail, RevolutioN Trains produce models in both N gauge and OO gauge. A better and more informative title to this thread would be nice. :)

Edited by Western Aviator
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 2

On 15/09/2019 at 18:52, Western Aviator said:

Please do give a title a little more detail, RevolutioN Trains produce models in both N gauge and OO gauge. A better and more informative title to this thread would be nice. :)

Hilarious...

The title allows only a limited amount of characters. There's only so much one can type. Added the gauge in the post below, which I copy-pasted from the title out of habit (as seen in the other threads I started). Besides my title was still moret than just TOPs codes.

Regards,

Edited by MGR Hooper!

• RMweb Gold
On 17/09/2019 at 03:33, MGR Hooper! said:

Was not aware of that, couldn't find the thread under the RevolutioN sub-forum, therefore I had no clue.

Understandable as there has not been any news on the 00 version since it was announced. Hopefully there will be one at or before Warley.

• Friendly/supportive 1

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 16:17, MGR Hooper! said:

Hilarious...

The title allows only a limited amount of characters. There's only so much one can type.

Given that the thread is in the RevolutioN sub-forum, the first word (and probably the second) are redundant, leaving enough characters for the gauge! Yay me.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1

24 minutes ago, truffy said:

Given that the thread is in the RevolutioN sub-forum, the first word (and probably the second) are redundant, leaving enough characters for the gauge! Yay me.

True...

But then again, most of us use the "View New Content" or "Unread Content" tabs and view a whole list. So the brand name first does help.

Not everyone goes to each individual sub-forum.

Anyway, the description has the gauge.

Edited by MGR Hooper!
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Mike Harvey said:

The 00 thread is here. The embedded link throws up a two axle timber wagon image. And ironically the title does not mention 00 gauge. :-)

I tried to include the gauge in the title - right there at the end ( Hydro hold-alls and Touax timber 2-for-1 from RevolutioN (OO - IWA Wagon)) - It does seem to cut it off though as it's a long thread title. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 17/09/2019 at 02:33, MGR Hooper! said:

Was not aware of that, couldn't find the thread under the RevolutioN sub-forum, therefore I had no clue.

That's interesting. Given that many of the most recent Revolution Trains projects have been announced on this forum by threads started by yourself, I assumed that you were connected in some way to Revolution Trains. Is that not the case?

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Western Aviator said:

That's interesting. Given that many of the most recent Revolution Trains projects have been announced on this forum by threads started by yourself, I assumed that you were connected in some way to Revolution Trains. Is that not the case?

Does anything on my profile or signature suggest I work with RevolutioN? If I was part of a team as highly regarded as RevolutioN, I'd be proudly showing that.

Just because I've started many threads, that doesn't mean I am connected with them, I start a thread if I don't find one started (sometimes missing a few and creating a duplicate thread), I've started a few threads and posted many updates under the Dapol and Hornby sub-forums too. Does it mean I work for them too?

Excellent detective work! :no:

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Sorry to anyone who missed out on the earlybird pricing.  Reminders were posted on our website, Facebook page, Twitter feed and the N Gauge Forum, plus we mentioned them in our last Facebook Live.

All our deadlines and schedules are regularly updated on our Project Page here:

https://www.revolutiontrains.com/projects/

As a heads-up, the next N gauge deadline is 31st July for expressions of interest in the Caroline Manager’s Saloon and Class 89 electric.  We are not asking for firm orders or cash, just an indication of interest to help us assess whether or not to add these to our programme in N.

Top tip: If you just miss a deadline by a few hours it can still be worth trying toorder as we can’t always revise the website pricing mechanism bang on midnight!  Sometimes it doesn’t happen until the next morning... just saying!

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Oh that’s a pain, oh well.  When does the order book close?

If it’s not on here or in my inbox I can guarantee I’ve missed the announcements.  Is the RMweb not the place to be anymore?

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, MrSimon said:

Oh that’s a pain, oh well.  When does the order book close?

If it’s not on here or in my inbox I can guarantee I’ve missed the announcements.  Is the RMweb not the place to be anymore?

Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon,

There are plenty of places to be!  

Seriously, the best place to check is our Projects page - that is kept up to date even if we don’t get the chance to update every one of the myriad social media outlets/forums.

cheers

Ben A.

• 2 months later...

On the photos of the sample the 8 stakes each side look like slabs. Its difficult to tell from the photos because they are relatively low contrast in a light colour. The prototype stakes are a pair of stakes or a ladder with a bit of air showing through. Are there prototypes that have a single slab rather than the ladder effect? The stakes do look very heavy and even though they are N scale I wonder if the ladder effect could not be acheived particularly when seen adjacent to the fine handrails on the ends? ( I do realise the handrails are wire and the stakes are moulded, it's just the comparison of detail I am aluding to!)

IWA1.PNG.c967913ba16d7fa79d184ddbeaad208a.PNGIWA2.jpg.af0debede4e93adf6f353aa296693db6.jpg

Edited by davepallant
Didnt want to look stupid