GWR Coach identification?

MerseyMan

By its profile, window size and the style of rain gutter I think it's a Hawkworth non-corridor brake, either D132 Brake Third or E167 Brake Composite. Given the width of the plain panel between the windows of the half-visible compartment and the one fully visible I'd hazard saying that's the First Class compartment, so an E167 (some were used as 'B set' coaches).

Edited by BernardTPM

1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

Comet do the matching 64' all third, which might be capable of being modified.  You'd need to fill in some windows and door grooves, but this shouldn't be a problem if you are competent to build a Comet coaches.

Perhaps you are thinking of Bill Bedford?

Chris

18 minutes ago, BernardTPM said:

Worsley Works already do the E167 in their 4mm range (look under Miscellaneous Coach Sides) so could rescale it to 7mm if you ask.

This is true.  A few years ago a fellow RMwebber got Worsley to do not only an E167 but an E157 too.  Yours truly had a little bit to do with finding the drawings.

Meanwhile, I have been through the Wizard website and can confirm that there are no Hawksworth 64 ft non-corridors listed.  I'm still convinced that BB sells or sold the sides for the Hawksworth C83 64 ft non-corridor third.  Feel free to correct me if you disagree.

Chris