If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

Sorted by fellow RMweb member; Cutdown Tender from Hornby 34050

leopardml2341

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

Hello Folks,

Anyone have one of these:

image.png.5903fcbd3eb46fc17ebd04ec3e0fcc82.png

to either sell or swap for high sided early emblem.

Rgds,

Is your donor one of the more recent ones with the Satan's Plug socket or the earlier type?

Reason I say this is securing screw lugs are further back on the newer ones (to allow for DCC & DCC/TTS Sound).

It's one of the earlier type, but has been modified to fit an AJ coupling. A tender top swap would be ok though?

Or maybe not? If I've just re-read your post and better understood it.

Edited by leopardml2341
Pressed send too early.

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

It's one of the earlier type, but has been modified to fit an AJ coupling. A tender top swap would be ok though?

Or maybe not, as I've just re-read your post.

You'll need an earlier type tender top (up to R27xx serial numbers) - I've renamed/renumber the entire class once (with a lot of repeats), so I know from my own silly mistakes (early on), how easy it is to fall into the tender trap.

What loco is your donor and what one are you planning to do?

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, toboldlygo said:

I can advise as to which ones you need.

Is the 'wrong top' sent out with 34109 (think it was that loco) any use as I have replaced it with the one Hornby supplied ? If so then there are loads of them around the country.

Phil

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, toboldlygo said:

No it was 34050 ;) 

Oh OK....knew it was one of the blighters, not very 'observant' of me eh? 34109 must have been the last one I accidentally bought!

So, is that naughty tender top any use for this chap's needs?

P

Edited by Mallard60022

3 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Oh OK....knew it was one of the blighters, not very 'observant' of me eh? 34109 must have been the last one I accidentally bought!

So, is that naughty tender top any use for this chap's needs?

P

Yes!

Do you have one?

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, leopardml2341 said:

Yes!

Do you have one?

I think I do but I might need it for one of my other loco's; haven't checked properly. Could you put out a request for this 'wrong' top as many others will have done the swap and may not actually need the 'wrong' one. If you don't get any offers then PM me in a few weeks and I'll check that I can find the damn thing and you could have it. Not sure if I need the one you want to swap but I should check that as well, as there were several B of Bs that retained their Raves and I probably have all of those on my list of 'needs' an I need to 'change' tenders.

Apologies to toboldlygo if he was sorting you out; didn't mean to jump in.

Good luck.

Phil

• RMweb Gold

My stash of tender 4,500gl tops is dry now - I only have a stray Wrenn/Dublo 5,250gl tender top reserved for client and few raved 5,500gl tender tops (some minus bits).

Beware of using 34067 Tangmere as a donor @leopardml2341, as Hornby have done two versions:  R2221 EC, Black Nameplates & a raved 4,500gl tender  and R2308M (which is a train pack as preserved) - Late Crest 4,500gl Tender (cut-down, which is correct for BR day, but not for preserved.

Also worth noting using a air-smoothed BoB for a WC (or the opposite way round) for a donor will lead to some very skilful filling and repainting - as the nameplates are in different places on the boiler cladding ;) 

1 hour ago, Mallard60022 said:

Could you put out a request for this 'wrong' top as many others will have done the swap and may not actually need the 'wrong' one.

Good luck.

Phil

1 hour ago, toboldlygo said:

Beware of using 34067 Tangmere as a donor @leopardml2341, as Hornby have done two versions:  R2221 EC, Black Nameplates & a raved 4,500gl tender

Also worth noting using a air-smoothed BoB for a WC (or the opposite way round) for a donor will lead to some very skilful filling and repainting - as the nameplates are in different places on the boiler cladding ;) 

@Mallard60022

I've changed the thread title, or not :(

trying to work out how to do that on a android device. #confused

#unconfused now I've managed the edit :)

@toboldygo

I have R2221 already, noted also the point about nameplates etc, mine will be so filthy you wouldn't know it was named.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-a-definitive-overcast-day-complete-with-rainstorm-as-unrebuilt-bulleid-108724987.html

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 11/11/2019 at 17:30, leopardml2341 said:

Thanks to Mallard60022 of this parish, I now have a cut down tender top.

Post title now amended to suit.

...……..and to show the spirit in which this Forum can operate, I now, thanks to Andy, have a suitable 'raved' tender for one of my 4 spams that should have one!

• Like 1