Accurascale Opens To Trade

Our stock arrived today.

And nearly everyone else’s! -the distribution appears to be from a Peterborough address (nothing to do with us) but the delivery driver couldn’t find it, he googled “ Accurascale Peterborough” found us and tried to leave several pallets!

its all sorted now though!

stock now online and in-store!

• Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
50 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Still no stockist in Spain.

Rubbish service!!!

Mike.

(TIC)

In Spain,

No train?

What a pain.

Complain. 

(Sorry, that's as good as my poetry gets!)

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Trains4U said:

Our stock arrived today.

And nearly everyone else’s! -the distribution appears to be from a Peterborough address (nothing to do with us) but the delivery driver couldn’t find it, he googled “ Accurascale Peterborough” found us and tried to leave several pallets!

its all sorted now though!

stock now online and in-store!

We have a similar problem occasionally in our town. Can't think why.......

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

I have the ultimate Accurascale stockist a mile or so from my house.., and their address is printed on every box...

Accurascale Towers

Accurascale
Irish Railway Models Ltd.
60 Windsor Avenue 
London 
SW19 2RR
UK

neighbours to Sun Hill Police station (The Bill), and those annoying bingo adverts produced at Wimbledon TV studios, and is located on the original Triang factory site..

Indeed in my part of London, they would be my nearest and only local shop, but ive never found any opening times though !

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

I have the ultimate Accurascale stockist a mile or so from my house.., and their address is printed on every box...

Accurascale Towers

Accurascale
Irish Railway Models Ltd.
60 Windsor Avenue 
London 
SW19 2RR
UK

neighbours to Sun Hill Police station (The Bill), and those annoying bingo adverts produced at Wimbledon TV studios, and is located on the original Triang factory site..

Indeed in my part of London, they would be my nearest and only local shop, but ive never found any opening times though !

You could borrow a big red key from the old Bill? ;)

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

You could borrow a big red key from the old Bill? ;)

You used to be able to get tours of the filmset which includes a hospital, prison, court and a row of low relief terraced houses, chippy, pub, plus Sun Hill Station (interior and exteriors ), Jeff Stuart, aka PC Reg Hollis was my tour guide.

maybe Accurascale should go visit their neighbours with a 3D scanner...

i think its been recently repainted outside, but heres the link (you may need to spin around 180 degrees to the opposite side of the street to see it)

https://goo.gl/maps/cvA5DvLD6KroLtww7

http://wimbledonstudios.london/

if Accurascale want to make a movie, they dont need to go far, though when the Deltic comes out i’m already planning a video of my own, which will include drama, thriller & comedy ;-)

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Reg was awesome :)

Suprised the set is still there and not turned into flats!

If they did they could call it the Jasmine Allen Estate. :biggrin_mini2:

• Funny 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, Dungrange said:

Is it possible to pre-order future models such as the PFA and JSA though these local stockists?  My local model shop is now an approved retailer but don't actually have any Accurascale models sitting on the shelves.

Hi there,

The JSAs are open to trade and are on the websites of many of our stockists. Our PFAs are only available direct with us. 

Your local shop may just need to restock or place an order with us. It’s worth asking them if you are looking for any items. We also take orders direct of course, if your shop is unable to supply.

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dungrange said:

Is it possible to pre-order future models such as the PFA and JSA though these local stockists?  My local model shop is now an approved retailer but don't actually have any Accurascale models sitting on the shelves.

8 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi there,

The JSAs are open to trade and are on the websites of many of our stockists. Our PFAs are only available direct with us. 

Your local shop may just need to restock or place an order with us. It’s worth asking them if you are looking for any items. We also take orders direct of course, if your shop is unable to supply.

Cheers!

Fran

Maybe they have the same problem that we have had.  I tried ordering products from the website but not only do the products go into the cart at retail I am unable to checkout.  I have tried three different browsers all with the same result, so although we are listed as stockists we have no stock because we are unable to order anything.

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Wicor-Models said:

Maybe they have the same problem that we have had.  I tried ordering products from the website but not only do the products go into the cart at retail I am unable to checkout.  I have tried three different browsers all with the same result, so although we are listed as stockists we have no stock because we are unable to order anything.

Hi there,

Could you email us on sales@accurascale.co.uk and we can look at your issue and resolve it for you? 

Thanks,

Fran

8 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

I think the issue lies in possible confusion over why, for example, the JSAs are 'open to trade', but the PFAs are only available directly from Accurascale.  I'm not sure that I understand why there is a difference in your approach to sales channels between these models.  I asked in my local model shop while I was there on Saturday whether they would be getting any of the Accurascale PFAs into the shop when they are released (since the prototypes have run in Scotland, which means there would likely be local demand).  However, I was told that they can only place an order for in-stock items - ie ones that have already been released.  That is, the gentlemen that I spoke to thought that they could get hold of the first couple of Accurascale releases for me (I think the HOA and the PCA) but that they probably couldn't order the PFAs until you'd taken delivery and therefore they couldn't guarantee that they would be able to get them then (ie they might have sold out through pre-orders on the Accurascale website).  They said they'd check out the current situation with pre-orders, given that Accurascale trade accounts are relatively new, but from your answer above, it sounds like they will tell me just to order direct from yourselves.

I don't really have an issue with ordering direct, but try to support my local model shop when I can.  There are so many people who seem to no longer have access to a local model shop.

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Dungrange said:

I think the issue lies in possible confusion over why, for example, the JSAs are 'open to trade', but the PFAs are only available directly from Accurascale.  I'm not sure that I understand why there is a difference in your approach to sales channels between these models.  I asked in my local model shop while I was there on Saturday whether they would be getting any of the Accurascale PFAs into the shop when they are released (since the prototypes have run in Scotland, which means there would likely be local demand).  However, I was told that they can only place an order for in-stock items - ie ones that have already been released.  That is, the gentlemen that I spoke to thought that they could get hold of the first couple of Accurascale releases for me (I think the HOA and the PCA) but that they probably couldn't order the PFAs until you'd taken delivery and therefore they couldn't guarantee that they would be able to get them then (ie they might have sold out through pre-orders on the Accurascale website).  They said they'd check out the current situation with pre-orders, given that Accurascale trade accounts are relatively new, but from your answer above, it sounds like they will tell me just to order direct from yourselves.

I don't really have an issue with ordering direct, but try to support my local model shop when I can.  There are so many people who seem to no longer have access to a local model shop.

Hi David,

I understand your confusion completely and we are always happy to clarify where we can.

It's important to remember that we are a young company (18 months in the British market now) and growing rapidly. We are learning too all the time, and we dont get everything right, but we try where possible to learn as we go too. We decided to offer only in stock items initially to trade as an experiment to see how it would work for us as a business after initially selling direct. To that end we have offered HUOs in 00 and 0, PCAs and Cemflos to trade. We had previously taken a lot of pre-orders on PFAs, PTAs, Mark 5s, Deltics and 92s it was felt that it would be very messy to offer these to trade too, so, for now, these will stay as exclusively with us or special editions with some retailers in the case of Deltics, 92s and PFAs. This may change once they arrive, and will be dealt with on a model by model basis.

In order to gain further data on opening up to trade and making a transition to a mainstream manufacturer, we decided to open the JSAs to retail from the outset to help form a decision on a retail model based business. So far it seems to be going well, and we have received great feedback with retailers who have been selling our models, and some have offered great guidance to us too. 

This is a 'growing pains' phase for us. We understand it can be a tad confusing but we are delighted that we can support the local traders with our models too, and do our level best to get our models into the hands of all modellers, especially at a local level by those who want to support their local model shop, and those who are not internet savvy.

I hope this makes sense and helps clears things up somewhat.

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

In these times of social distancing, isolation and uncertainty, we feel we all need to rally around our local retailers and small businesses and give them the support they need. This rings true for our local model shops and retailers, who we as a manufacturer and you as a modeller would be lost without. While many of us may be stuck indoors self isolating over the coming weeks, many of our retailers will keep the flag flying, particularly with mail order, so we can pass the time in solitude with our wonderful hobby. 

With that in mind, we have drawn up some maps which can help you locate your local 'Accurascale Approved' stockist. We are around the 60 mark now when it comes to retailers, and it has been a resounding success for us, so we feel they should be supported through difficult times. If you can visit them locally, or order online or over the phone, we are sure they will look after you with Accurascale and indeed other brands too. We are still able to supply direct too if needs be! 

Check out the maps below with details of our stockists across the UK.

360280363_southeast.jpg.e387eb78e4c28340b6712aebf01ef16d.jpg

460415420_southwest1.jpg.7c5b253288963f90b980fc272fd7f51f.jpg

1852786368_southwest2(1).jpg.7c434b5fc890940eda08eeeff86a680b.jpg

1639656991_southwest3.jpg.284d1637c4858ae63d115b4085534354.jpg

wales.jpg.6de98132a8acd9dbee530371942781f4.jpg

14074243_westmidlands.jpg.b34cb6efda8acd98712b3670f2db5230.jpg

475250590_yorkshire1.jpg.f79e3fef262b3c3f1cc192a6b61ae359.jpg

1324302216_yorkshire2.jpg.329c75a72627f15b9aa7893eda9fa7e1.jpg

1099299019_eastmidlands.jpg.c9fcbd2055e0e67df6384fec4674caed.jpg

east.jpg.61454e85c3506874bf4464e9cd603b00.jpg

1348222061_northeast.jpg.89d6473ea1f6dbdf82d018611ebf129e.jpg

2051737162_northwest1.jpg.a9978ca1b3a5bc4aa6b8909d29123f8c.jpg

1986235551_northwest2.jpg.4d25004dd1366758f4fa98b403cdf302.jpg

scotland.jpg.b4939df6393d4e74ecba99dd78285671.jpg

online.jpg.c0ea6082508c66bb31aa91a6a5b5ba9c.jpg

Stay safe, support local business and keep modelling!

Oh, and happy St. Patrick's Day!

Cheers,

Fran (on behalf of the Accurascale team) 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

On 16/09/2019 at 15:09, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

One of the most consistent pieces of feedback we received with our recent survey was there were modellers who wanted the to see us in local model shops, so those who did not have access to the internet, or who like to fondle before they buy. It also allows us to support local trade.

As a result we are now experimenting with trade, with our current in stock items now on offer to retailers as an experiment, so very soon you will be able to get PCAs, Cemflos and HUOs in OO and O in your local model shops! 

We have not opened this to our pre-order items and currently have no plans to, but hopefully this will allow further reach of our models and let more modellers enjoy them.

Thank you to all the retailers signing up so far, and we look forward to confirming more. You can see if your local retailer has signed up here: https://accurascale.co.uk/pages/store-locator

If you are a retailer who wishes to sign up, drop us a line via email! https://accurascale.co.uk/pages/contact

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran. Best wishes with the new sales channel experiment. One of Accurascale & IRMs great strengths was direct online selling cutting out the unesseceary middle man's cut (ie distributors and retailers) that pushed prices up. It is ironic that so many who completed an online survey "did not have access to the internet", and doubly ironic that they will ever see this online message. At times parts of GB seems to be living in a past era of paper catalogs and price lists typed on typewriters, SAEs, money orders, etc, with some suppliers not even having email access never mind ability to take credit card payments, or sell online.  It's hard to believe in 2020, but you have to meet your customers where they are at. Keep up the excellent products and keep your keen pricing, don't let the middle man's cut push your prices up. You are producing higher German spec model standards but at UK pricing levels (ie priced at inferior Hornby and Bachmann levels). Noel

The era of high street rip offs is dead. Long live online shopping.

Edited by NoelG