Hornby Peckett ZIMO sound decoder

pauliebanger

Ian,

By quite a lot, actually. Most obvious is that it all the sounds were recorded from a preserved Peckett. LOL.

The basic stuff you would expect with my projects are included in both the Austerity and the Peckett, manual braking, heavy train/light engine selection, dynamic inertia and so on,  but the Peckett has some additional functionality, plus being able to transform into a work-weary engine with a single CV change. This includes a leaking gland seal on one of the cylinders and heavier rod clank.

The Peckett is also available with a bell for street running, on request.

As a more recent project, it also comes with speed-related flange sounds and automatic wagon buffering, modified by the way the throttle (regulator) and manual brakes are operated.  (wagon buffering is not possibe in light engine mode for obvious reasons).

Best regards,

Paul

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Impressive. What size decoder is it? 648 or one of the newer next18 (658,659) ones?  (now I showed that I have no idea what interface they are providing...)

Do you know if the installer added a stay alive (loco is short...) ?

Vecchio

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, pauliebanger said:

Ian,

By quite a lot, actually. Most obvious is that it all the sounds were recorded from a preserved Peckett. LOL.

The basic stuff you would expect with my projects are included in both the Austerity and the Peckett, manual braking, heavy train/light engine selection, dynamic inertia and so on,  but the Peckett has some additional functionality, plus being able to transform into a work-weary engine with a single CV change. This includes a leaking gland seal on one of the cylinders and heavier rod clank.

The Peckett is also available with a bell for street running, on request.

As a more recent project, it also comes with speed-related flange sounds and automatic wagon buffering, modified by the way the throttle (regulator) and manual brakes are operated.  (wagon buffering is not possibe in light engine mode for obvious reasons).

Best regards,

Paul

Just as I suspected Paul, great to hear. If I have some spare cash left over from building the new layout I might get in touch before Mansfield 2020 :)

10 hours ago, Vecchio said:

Impressive. What size decoder is it? 648 or one of the newer next18 (658,659) ones?  (now I showed that I have no idea what interface they are providing...)

Do you know if the installer added a stay alive (loco is short...) ?

Vecchio

Yes installed with stay alive.

I have one, loco that is.

Wiggy.