KLM to codeshare with Thalys between Amsterdam and Brussels

DavidB-AU

• RMweb Premium

Nothing new there.  AirFrance - with which KLM is partnered - has been code sharing with TGV services for at least 8/9 years.  When I was commuting from Germany to my home in France each weekend I would regularly get a flight to Paris CDG and an onward TGV to my arrival airport.  All sold under AF flight codes.

9 hours ago, Andy Hayter said:

Nothing new there.  AirFrance - with which KLM is partnered - has been code sharing with TGV services for at least 8/9 years.  When I was commuting from Germany to my home in France each weekend I would regularly get a flight to Paris CDG and an onward TGV to my arrival airport.  All sold under AF flight codes.

Longer than that. I've been retired for more than 9 years and I remember earlier than that (by a couple of years) my Brussels living colleagues using the TGV to fly from CDG as a code share. I'm not sure there were any flights between those two cities any more.

Done well rail can really hurt air routes. When I started up here 23 years ago there were 3 Sabena flights from Leeds/Bradford to Brussels in 30 seaters. A few years later there were 4 in 80plus seater aircraft. But once HS1 opened and the Eurostar changed to St. Pancras it had fallen back to 3 small flights. I could leave Brussels at 18.00 (their time, 17.00 ours) and be in my York home by 21.20. No air route could match that - and if we were early there was a 17.00 departure and if late then a later train - no such flexibility with air travel.

Paul

Edited by hmrspaul
  • Thanks 1