KMS Railtech

MGR Hooper!

Has anyone here ever used KMS Railtech of Aberdeenshire? How are they and how is there service like? I'm heading to the UK in mid-October and some of the models I wanted are available from KMS Railtech and they seem to have the best prices too as far as I can see. So wanted to know how good they are before taking a risk with a model shop I've never heard of in my life.

TIA

They have a small physical shop presence within the toy section of Strachans in Inverurie (upstairs) - I haven't bought anything from them (basically as I can't afford to buy anything just now) but was pleasantly surprised to see they were carrying some unusual limited eds (eg. 37114 which I don't think other retailers have), as well as some standard items at very good prices (Colas 67 at £129 if memory serves me correct).  Their presence in Inverurie now takes Inverurie's model shop count to 2 (both small, limited ranges on display at least) which isn't bad for a small town in rural Aberdeenshire, especially when considering the much larger Aberdeen has zero model shop presence these days...

• Informative/Useful 1

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the kind words above!

We are slightly older and (hopefully) wiser now! We are expanding rapidly and on that front will have some official news about that soon...

We are the number 1 rated "Model Train Shop" on Trustpilot too, with over 300 reviews and a Trust Score of 4.8. 

Please feel to give us a try and recommend us if you feel we have done well! 

BTW, one of the things we get commended on most is our packaging. We have more than 20 custom sized shipping boxes and all our packaging is recyclable too! The bubble wrap is even blue (which is as close to the ScotRail Violet we use for our logo as possible!) :)

Team KMS

• 3 months later...