Mid essex mrc, 2019 show

sb67

• RMweb Premium
On 17/09/2019 at 18:07, sb67 said:

Is anybody going to this exhibition on Saturday? Always a good show with a fine selection of layouts, I'm looking forward to it and it's my birthday Sunday so I might get to spend a few quid! ;)

Steve.

I am hoping to go along. It's 20 miles from home and the trade and layouts look well worth a look.

Pondering whether to go by train or take the car - does anyone know whether the car parking here is usually sufficient?

- Richard.

15 minutes ago, 47137 said:

I am hoping to go along. It's 20 miles from home and the trade and layouts look well worth a look.

Pondering whether to go by train or take the car - does anyone know whether the car parking here is usually sufficient?

- Richard.

it can get busy as there's other stuff going on there, but personally I've not had a problem.

Steve.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Nile said  ..."There's no Romford or Southend/Shoeburyness show this year, so it's just this one and Chelmsford for the rest of this year in southern Essex.", but there is also the  Epping Railway Circle's exhibition at Theydon Bois on Saturday 9 November

John

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, Nile said:

Definitely worth going, I am. There's no Romford or Southend/Shoeburyness show this year, so it's just this one and Chelmsford for the rest of this year in southern Essex.

This is true, but please everyone do remember the Sudbury show on 5th October. It's very nearly Essex, and it is doable by train too.

- Richard.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 47137 said:

This is true, but please everyone do remember the Sudbury show on 5th October. It's very nearly Essex, and it is doable by train too.

- Richard.

20 hours ago, Kingdom2 said:

Nile said  ..."There's no Romford or Southend/Shoeburyness show this year, so it's just this one and Chelmsford for the rest of this year in southern Essex.", but there is also the  Epping Railway Circle's exhibition at Theydon Bois on Saturday 9 November

John

Thanks for the post's I never knew about those shows.

Steve.

• Like 1

Hello

Looking forward to bringing Georgemas Jct down to Essex. As it is now in its declining years this is one of its last exhibitions so see it while you can.

Cheers

George

• Like 3

2 hours ago, George Woodcock said:

Hello

Looking forward to bringing Georgemas Jct down to Essex. As it is now in its declining years this is one of its last exhibitions so see it while you can.

Cheers

George

Looking forward to seeing it, didn't realise it was on the line up. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

Hello Steve

Looking forward to seeing you old friend, bit of a long way for you for a day trip isn't it?

Cheers

George

• Like 1

Our thanks to The Mid Essex MRC and all those involved with organising today’s exhibition at Shenfield for inviting us to your show and making us feel welcome. 

We really enjoyed the show and spoke to a lot of visitors. Thanks to everyone that took the time to visit our stand and have a chat.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

It turns out there is another show in SE Essex this year, although on a rather smaller scale than the lost shows.

https://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/events/19038-TheSalvationArmyinWickfordExhibition

It also turns out that the new venue for next years show is slightly nearer to home for me, lets hope it's a success. Keep up the good work Ken.

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Grimleygrid said:

Our thanks to The Mid Essex MRC and all those involved with organising today’s exhibition at Shenfield for inviting us to your show and making us feel welcome. 

We really enjoyed the show and spoke to a lot of visitors. Thanks to everyone that took the time to visit our stand and have a chat.

I would also like to extend my thanks to Ken and the team for their hospitality receiving my layout (Kyle of Lochalsh) and I. Fish and Chips for lunch for the traders was a nice touch!

Very nice show with quality layouts and traders. Meeting (again) and talking with Ian Futers, a hero ever since his Lochside layout featured in the Railway Modeller all those years ago was an added bonus. His Lochside layout was one of the inspirations to build Kyle.

Thanks for all the nice comments received and a couple of show invites.

Pete

• RMweb Gold

A few photos of Ian’s 7mm Lochty Road layout...was hoping for grubby Blue diesels...:D Nice to talk with Ian and Amy.

I only have these pics as I was on my own at the show so couldn’t leave my layout for too long...

022A9D45-1C8C-44DF-9171-B55A46600CC3.jpeg.e5372fe8524ce688ce7c0f234a9baa6d.jpeg

282A34BB-DC90-4BAD-8D32-623566808015.jpeg.8072eee04b6ec11f9432e88b2ee10f05.jpeg

B0034FEA-899C-494A-AB2E-031C49061BD5.jpeg.f496ccd5d824a2f3c30355589f0b53d5.jpeg

EAA07453-D9D6-4DA5-BAA7-15D7EEDBA613.jpeg.ce4d4a5b557238cd464ef51bc8ccd99b.jpeg

426BC19E-B7DC-4EC4-8FE4-56E0066219D4.jpeg.64e5daabf25b21eafebe30b3aefd0b2f.jpeg

6F8DA2D7-0A5B-4FCE-9F23-D9402E837781.jpeg.d0afcdd60fc69a4793b836f2355a2e92.jpeg

• Like 2

Really enjoyed the show this year, a very large thank you to all the organisers, exhibitors and traders. The quality of the layouts was fantastic, there was a couple of layout's I'd never seen and I got  a few bargains to boot! 

All in all a great day. 

I'll put a few pics on later.

On 20/09/2019 at 15:14, George Woodcock said:

Hello Steve

Looking forward to seeing you old friend, bit of a long way for you for a day trip isn't it?

Cheers

George

I think this could be a case of mistaken identity, I did try and introduce myself but you were pretty busy whenever I looked on the layout.

Steve.

• Like 1

On behalf of Mid Essex MRC, we would like to thank everyone whom provided the layouts, Trade Stands and demonstrations - not to forget the Public that make these days possible.  We had an increase in numbers through the door, which is very good.

We would like to apologise to those left waiting for a bus, as we had a minor prop shaft issue.  We also had one layout unavailable - due to some damage being sustained at home.

Plans are now well advanced for 2020, which will see us move to a new Venue after 20+ years - Bishop Hill College, Rayleigh Road, Shenfield CM13 1BD. Just a short walk from the railway, there will be parking on site and our Free Shuttle Bus service.

• Like 4

Hello

On behalf of John, Richard, Paul and my self I would like to thank Ken and every-one else in MId Essex club for putting on such a fine show and looking after us so well. I apologise for the somewhat erratic performance of Georgemas Jct for the first couple of hours but we had an electrical problem which took a long while to diagnose. When we got it sorted the layout was a lot better behaved though we did have limited use of one track. I think you are right Steve, probably a case of mistaken identity but I am still sorry not to have spoken to you. However we are coming back in 2021 with our latest layout Framplington which is set in deepest, darkest Suffolk.

Cheers

George 

• Like 3

As promised a few pics of the show.

a.JPG.b5577499c0ace229e37d360310e530c3.JPG

Bedford Road

b.JPG.3be84ab3b0f1bbf1301c56d06d9346de.JPG

j.JPG.c757acfd5ca1a8e1028ed33c1b06681f.JPG

Wise words on Dave Tailbys  Weslo Steels

c.JPG.68dfd5ad701abe3996f1aecf19947b31.JPG

Woods Wharf

d.JPG.48c1feb4e9ef2e470440bade3e1d245b.JPG

The Lochty Branch

f.JPG.db61ccc7d5581ac25e8cac762bd05953.JPG

Botterill St Yard

g.JPG.b7072d4b12367e4ebcf881f811402e59.JPG

Georgmas Junction - Glad I got to see it before it's retirement

h.JPG.6c3f06823b08b884a484e25405d7ab0a.JPG

Kyle of Lochalsh

i.JPG.29ec49eb3e611bf861df06327b04407b.JPG

The wonderfully small Duncrievie Fuelling Point

As I said it was a great show and this is a small selection of the quality layouts on show.  I came away with more ideas than I can think about! 

Looking forward to next year at the new venue.

Steve.

Edited by sb67
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 20:55, Nile said:

Definitely worth going, I am. There's no Romford or Southend/Shoeburyness show this year, so it's just this one and Chelmsford for the rest of this year in southern Essex.

I believe that there is a Shoeburyness show this year - http://www.shoeburynessmrc.co.uk/annual-exhibition.html - Saturday/Sunday16/17.11.19