Bourton on the Water

Baggies1961

1 hour ago, Baggies1961 said:

Van wide all but finished just pipes to add tomorrow. Had a slight issue with a craft knife tonight cutting into my forefinger. Quick visit to minor injuries glued, steri stripped and bandaged.

image.jpg

Wow I like your van wide wish Heljan or Dapol would make one , I tried about ten years ago to build a slaters 12t box van but it never got finished and went on Ebay

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maltins0 said:

Wow I like your van wide wish Heljan or Dapol would make one , I tried about ten years ago to build a slaters 12t box van but it never got finished and went on Ebay

I believe that Dapol have one on the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks I dont honestly think I will do another Slaters. Lots of mistakes annoying as I had commsblokes guide too.

I would prefer written instructions tbh even with pictures from the net as to assist.

The roof to fix and then spray.

Yes Dapols I believe arrives at the end of the year.

Sorry to be off topic but I see you have had a delivery from ModelU -  I have been trying to contact them by phone , email and the contact link on their website but no response.

I was scanned at the Warley show in November !!!! and after some effort got a few delaying replies around February but since then - nothing.

I did wonder if they wer affected by Covid but the web site says they are up and running - dos anyone have any information ??   

Many thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

Before I ordered I spoke to Allan at Modelu and ordered over the phone.

I did email to check on the status of my order and it duly arrived a few days later. I put down the delay to him being run off his feet!

I do need some more point rodding stools so will be hopefully contacting him myself very shortly.

Regards

Julian.

I just discovered this.  The layout looks marvelous.

I have built a lot of Parkside and Slater's kits, both have pros and cons I guess.  I tend to be visual and prefer to work from diagrams although words are helpful.  I always like to check Paul Bartlett's site for pictures.

The trouble with Dapol is their new RTR releases are very slow to come so trying to populate a layout with their offerings can be frustrating.  Their models while good IMO, always some titivating, particularly under the solebars.  I don't like rigid vacuum pipes, preferring the Slater's style.

Keep up the good work.

John

• Thanks 1

Thanks John,

Being a relatively 'newby' to O gauge, it is great to see the RTR market open up. I can actually see what is in front of me now.

Kit wise these are the first kits I have ever built and love the challenge, being a teacher I like things made easier to learn, PB's website is great as you say and seeing others build on here is great too. I just found Slaters was more challenging and the exploded diagrams were all there was to go on.

Cheers

Julian.