Bourton on the Water

Baggies1961

• RMweb Premium
On 19/02/2021 at 20:59, Baggies1961 said:

Thanks Andy for the airbrush info, much appreciated. :good:

Plenty of threads on which airbrush to get in the weathering and painting area.

Have to say its pretty brave using a rattle can. You can get good results using a brush and thinned paint with far more control and you can rework it if using enamels.

Edited by Hal Nail

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Thanks Andy for the airbrush info, much appreciated. :good:

Plenty of threads on airbrush and compressor options under painting and weathering.

Have to say you're a braver man than me using a rattle can to weather :) You can get good results using a brush and thinned paint with far more control and you can also rework it if using enamels.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks Hal, agreed on the rattle can and think for locos at least that will be it.

As regards the air brush there is no better way than gauging what people opinions are on what they have got and like so much so they would recommend one.

As Andy P said if its only for weathering then it doesn't have to be gold plated.

I have heard from what Iv read about compressors one with a gauge on it advised?

Cheers

Julian.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

As regards the air brush there is no better way than gauging what people opinions are on what they have got and like so much so they would recommend one.

As Andy P said if its only for weathering then it doesn't have to be gold plated.

I have heard from what Iv read about compressors one with a gauge on it advised?

I've read up quite a bit on here - as I say there are lots of threads with people's recommendations and why. I think weathering probably needs more control than just bashing on a basic colour and the gist certainly seems to be you get what you pay for both in terms of ease of use/cleaning and how long they last.

I got put off though as I'm pretty happy building up grime in washes and dry brushing and by the time you add in the cost of a decent mask and spraying booth/fan etc I could go and watch Albion lose 20 times.

Actually now I put it like that...

7 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Thanks Hal, agreed on the rattle can and think for locos at least that will be it.

Cheers

Julian.

Also check out David = Jintyman/ @Jintyman. He only uses an Air Brush sometimes to finish off or seal powders and paints applies with a Brush. His main method is to coat a Body in grime, let it go hard, and then wipe it off for stunning results like this.

UDSCF4641.JPG.e1bb24615624b3372ab52143bfd69625.JPG

image.png.54467cbd3a09907dac659f65b247f427.png

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

7 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Thanks Andy. Will be suitably sound fitted, hopefully soon.

At last my 20’s are running together but I can get lights to switch on the locos.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Im using the NCE Powercab.

Who's sound Chip is it mate?

Edited by Andrew P