Bourton on the Water

Baggies1961

I do like departmental grey loco's, tempted with an 08 myself. I have an early one 'spare' at the moment but I'd need to find a suitable candidate. As for double arrows I am sure Vince does them either on his website or via ebay, I think he does the smaller ones for 08's too, Proto Neo . 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

Had a response from Vin already regarding the 08 arrows,  many thanks for passing his name on, much appreciated. :good_mini:

I've used him quite a bit. He either gets back to you straight away or it'll be a few weeks!! But I am never in a rush.

• Funny 1

Toying with the idea of buying a Heljan MK1 Brake so at least I can run a one coach service in leu of the 122 no show.

Whats the word on the street about the Mk1? I think if I remember rightly it came in for some criticism when released?

image.jpg

• Like 4

If you’re going to get a MK1 steer clear of the Heljan ones, they are too boxy. Pick up a Dapol one, but they are awkward because only the brake end has the coupler at the right height so will require some work to make it usable both ends

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Whats the word on the street about the Mk1?

I think they look dreadful personally but surely if something looks ok to you, why care what others think?!

The side profile is flatter than it should be and I don't find the door windows/proportions convincing - havent bothered to analyse why though.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 07/05/2021 at 20:02, D6775 said:

I've used him quite a bit. He either gets back to you straight away or it'll be a few weeks!! But I am never in a rush.

Hi Al,

Vin has done the double arrows for me for the 08 and they were ordered last night, thanks for the recommendation :good:.

• Like 2

On 07/05/2021 at 20:02, D6775 said:

Hi Al,

Vin has come through with the arrows, great service. Big thank you for the recommend. :good:

• Like 2