Bourton on the Water

Baggies1961

On 24/05/2021 at 09:56, 37114 said:

Near the junction of the St Ives branch, St Erth?

Yes correct GWR 57xx it is Moreton in Marsh opposite the old milk premises. Taken late approx 1988/89 ish when 50’s were regulars on the Cotswold line I used to live there. At that time there were four booked engine and coaches services two early morning and two early evening, those were the days!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Yes correct GWR 57xx it is Moreton in Marsh opposite the old milk premises. Taken late approx 1988/89 ish when 50’s were regulars on the Cotswold line I used to live there. At that time there were four booked engine and coaches services two early morning and two early evening, those were the days!!

Now you tell me! I've seen it no end of times, but not from that angle, but from passing over the road bridge.

atb

Phil

VGA/VKA has arrived, unfortunately wheels will be another 2 weeks.

Still gives me more than enough time to familiarise myself with the kit, a first for me with white metal be-it only  a few parts.

Will have to check if Steve Bell can do the VKA transfers.

image.jpg

• Like 1

Whilst at my Mums in the Cotswolds, as I always do, visited Bourton Model Railway for a few Woodland Scenic bits.

Great shop with an exhibition, currently closed due to the obvious. Roger & Anne I have known for years very friendly and helpful.

They dont do O gauge but well stocked for all you 00 & N gaugers!

image.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Whilst at my Mums in the Cotswolds, as I always do, visited Bourton Model Railway for a few Woodland Scenic bits.

Great shop with an exhibition, currently closed due to the obvious. Roger & Anne I have known for years very friendly and helpful.

They dont do O gauge but well stocked for all you 00 & N gaugers!

image.jpg

Yes, been in when staying near by on Holiday, I was doing OO at the time and was relieved of many modelling tokens, that the Good Lady did not know I had stashed away in my hidden compartment of my wallet. The Exhibition was quite good as well as I remember.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

This is a shop I intend to visit when we are next down that way. We have stayed at a nice site outside of the town twice before, but each time the shop was closed. Just blown the last of this months modelling funds on three trees like you have bought.

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Ade,

I can never remember their opening hours. Bank holiday Monday avoided Bourton like the proverbial plague due to masses of tourists! Thinking they were shut anyway, they werent!

I now always look at their web site for shop hours.

Do you stop at the Notgrove (old station site)? 

21 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Julian, the site we stop at is about a mile outside the town and is called Field Barn Park. Adults only and good sized grass pitches with electric hook up and water.

Cheers, Ade.

I could do with an Adults only, and a Good Hook Up.:D

• Funny 5

Can I ask where you got your arched bridge from please? I'm looking for something similar.

TIA.

Cheers 
Phil

17 minutes ago, 34006 said:

Can I ask where you got your arched bridge from please? I'm looking for something similar.

TIA.

Cheers 
Phil

Hi Phil,

It is a Langley Bridge L18. Rather flimsy to be honest needs backing as I think the instructions recommend.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Julian.

• Informative/Useful 1

11 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Hi Phil,

It is a Langley Bridge L18. Rather flimsy to be honest needs backing as I think the instructions recommend.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Julian.

Thanks for that Julian,I'll have a look into that.

atb

Phil

Class 128 arrived back this evening suffered a tad in the box with screw ripped out of base!

One piece broken off but appears to work ok so far.

A quick video of it on layout for the first time. Apologies for a couple of shakes phone was trying to jump out of my hand!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Having a bit of a play after completing some work safety report from todays site visit.

image.jpg

Impressive and the sound chip gives a good rendition of the DMU sounds as I remember them.

I have a blue one of these and found that they need careful handling as the glazing along the side windows is not fixed in very well and if you pick it up with your thumbs pressed on the glazing it falls in and you have to dismantle it to glue it back in. I know from experience! 

Paul R

• Agree 1