Bourton on the Water

Baggies1961

1 hour ago, Baggies1961 said:

Hi John,

Apologies again but just tried fan and it worked on Function 22.

Relieved myself now.

Regards

Julian.

OK thanks for checking, obviously I need to do more thinking.  I was talking to the lads in the club this morning.  They were thinking a Wheatstone bridge rectifier coming off track power and connected to the fan.  If it works off F22, then there's something I'm missing.

Cheers

John

BTW there's a new shunting video on the FB link.

Edited by brossard

23 hours ago, brossard said:

OK thanks for checking, obviously I need to do more thinking.  I was talking to the lads in the club this morning.  They were thinking a Wheatstone bridge rectifier coming off track power and connected to the fan.  If it works off F22, then there's something I'm missing.

Cheers

John

BTW there's a new shunting video on the FB link.

I can photo the functions page if you want me to?

I must stop answering the door when DPD call.

Chap thrust this into my arms ( well placed it on the doorstep):o.

Was a tad disappointed Heljan have boo booed on 50036 and not produced enough and will have to wait till January 22 now.

So as a comfort Roger at Tower supplied Ramilies…. How kind.

image.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

I hate it when that happens :D...... It does look nice though 

Jim

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Baggies1961 said:

Thanks Andy & Jim of course it has to be chipped, this one will have the Paul Chetter active braking, stay alive etc. Whereas the other two have a loksound and legomanbiffo sound file installed.

Good choice.... You can have the other sound chips altered to have active braking installed.  I have several loco's with Loksound chips and we have installed active braking on them ..... I do like the braking system. :) 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

11 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Thanks Andy & Jim of course it has to be chipped, this one will have the Paul Chetter active braking, stay alive etc. Whereas the other two have a loksound and legomanbiffo sound file installed.

don’t forget the coastal class 50. It’s what I have. The cold start is awesome 

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

23 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

I must stop answering the door when DPD call.

Was a tad disappointed Heljan have boo booed on 50036 and not produced enough and will have to wait till January 22 now.

So as a comfort Roger at Tower supplied Ramilies…. How kind.

image.jpg

I've got an unnumbered large logo on order with Tower but they don't seem to have had supplies of their 50's yet. Rails seem to have had their's this morning  and their blue/grey MK1 BSK but nothing on that from Hattons.

Paul R

• Informative/Useful 1

40 minutes ago, pwr said:

I've got an unnumbered large logo on order with Tower but they don't seem to have had supplies of their 50's yet. Rails seem to have had their's this morning  and their blue/grey MK1 BSK but nothing on that from Hattons.

Paul R

Not seen anything on the Hattons site 50 wise. Especially since Tower got theirs on the 9th

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

44 minutes ago, 47606odin said:

Not seen anything on the Hattons site 50 wise. Especially since Tower got theirs on the 9th

I have cancelled my order with Hattons and gone with Rails as they have stock

Paul R

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, 47606odin said:

I've had an email saying they've processed my order for two today, credit card is screaming! :rolleyes:

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, Temeraire said:

I've had an email saying they've processed my order for two today, credit card is screaming! :rolleyes:

yes, I see they’ve arrive. Plenty of LL which surprised me. Now I can see what they have, I can bide my time. Got to be careful as the 122’s are on the move so I need to behave. 

I think I want a blue one as well but I am not sure if I can get that past the wife given the centre head code forties are due any day and the 47 and 56 later in the year.

Paul R

50 minutes ago, pwr said:

I think I want a blue one as well but I am not sure if I can get that past the wife given the centre head code forties are due any day and the 47 and 56 later in the year.

Paul R

Further to my last post my large logo 50 turned up but will have to go back because one of the bogie chains is broken and the loop at the bogie end missing.

I am frustrated as the curse of Heljan/Dapol quality control has struck again. As I have remarked before if retailers were to inspect these things before despatch this would not happen

Paul R

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 14/07/2021 at 10:21, pwr said:

Paul R

Hi Paul,

Roger told me they will be getting very few large logo 50,s as Heljan got the production numbers wrong!

I wont be getting mine on order until January 2022. He rang me to tell me that.

3 hours ago, pwr said:

Further to my last post my large logo 50 turned up but will have to go back because one of the bogie chains is broken and the loop at the bogie end missing.

I am frustrated as the curse of Heljan/Dapol quality control has struck again. As I have remarked before if retailers were to inspect these things before despatch this would not happen

Paul R

Hi Paul,

I think the ephasis is to get the boxes shifted literally. Your right a once over before despatch would prevent issues such as this.

I had problems with my Colas 37/4.

On 15/07/2021 at 14:39, Baggies1961 said:

Hi Paul,

I think the ephasis is to get the boxes shifted literally. Your right a once over before despatch would prevent issues such as this.

I had problems with my Colas 37/4.

Well Rails have let me down in that they have not as promised (within 40 mins apparently) sent me a returns label and given these are in short supply I am going to fix it myself. The last thing I want is to be told when its got back to them that they are now out of stock. The loop wires seem very fragile so the problem is likely to recrur in handling however careful I am so if I can find a fix then I will be prepared for future problems. I can't fault Heljan for including this detail which was not on the original 37's, it making an appearance with the Deltics.

Paul R

• Friendly/supportive 3

On the rare occasion when I have a defect on a model, I will think very carefully before sending it back.  In fact I have never done that.  The shipping costs to and from Canada are eye watering.  My Cl 20 had all of the steps broken off (due to my clumsiness) when I removed the body.  These are fragile plastic.  I have redone these in brass.  They are not perfect but I think pass the "riding past on a bike" test.

John

Edited by brossard
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2