Bourton on the Water

Baggies1961

Open it and have a look. It may just be a loose screw or something that will take 1 minute to sort. No point sending it back unless it is properly broken.. And if you find it is broken, send it back. Body removal doesn’t invalidate the warranty

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, 47606odin said:

No point sending it back unless it is properly broken.. 

But even fixed, it will still be a 31 :)

*I figured that anyone mechanically inclined would have taken it apart instantly: I usually do even if theres no real reason! But if you arent, then might be best not to fiddle. 

Anyway the good news is they factor in issues so are usually good at quick replacements. I had a noisy 45 I couldnt sort and Tower sent a replacement without even waiting for the original.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Thanks 1

I've not taken mine off the wooden base yet but when I took it out of the box I found one of the wheel guards broken off. 

I know its minor and I can easily fix it but it seems that every model I have had recently from any retailer has had problems and as I have said before if they would inspect before sending out this would not happen although I appreciate this would delay despatch and probably not have resulted in the hanging bogie being picked up.

Paul R

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

3 hours ago, pwr said:

Thats good service. Rails won't send another until the original one is back in their hands.

I've said this before but Tower prices are generally the same and they don't add postage on locos and as noted, couldn't be better when there are problems. They've checked things for me too before now.

I suspect a lot of the damage is in transit though. Masterpiece refuse to send their locos now due to the number of things arriving broken and they have inspected every one meticulously before dispatch.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 07/08/2021 at 19:17, Baggies1961 said:

Had a text earlier from DPD they are collecting mine on Monday but Tower would have already posted the replacement by then.

I agree with Hal, I stick with Tower as the service I think is first class.

I have also used them in the past and can only concur - excellent service

Paul R

• Agree 2

The local preservationists have been booted off the site (my layout) so are having to try and find another home.

There stock being a

Jinty 47673, black

Pannier 3716 black

14xx 1426 lined green weathered

All dcc sound fitted.

If any other sites can house them please let me know.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

What I like about them and having unfortunately not been in the shop as yet… I get the feel of the old style customer service, first name terms with Roger and great communications and service. 

I had the privilege of visiting the shop a couple of years ago, and I nearly walked straight past it. Anyway a quick U turn and I was in...... It didn't have all the fancy lights and showcases that you would expect from other retailers but it has a presence. A showcase full of loco's to druel over, everything from steam to diesel and the staff will chat to you and get to know you......

Aladdin's treasure trove ..... Problem is ...... you will never have enough money in your pocket when you walk in......And even less when you walk out 

Jim

• Funny 2

9 minutes ago, jcarta said:

I had the privilege of visiting the shop a couple of years ago, and I nearly walked straight past it. Anyway a quick U turn and I was in...... It didn't have all the fancy lights and showcases that you would expect from other retailers but it has a presence. A showcase full of loco's to druel over, everything from steam to diesel and the staff will chat to you and get to know you......

Aladdin's treasure trove ..... Problem is ...... you will never have enough money in your pocket when you walk in......And even less when you walk out 

Jim

With that in mind Jim it will prove fatal if i do visit then as I have zero will power!!

• Funny 1

Replacement Class 31 duly arrived on Tuesday as advised by Roger, he suspects cradle bogie sits in snapped in transit probably due to being dropped in transit.

Not tested it yet, will have to dig out my small combi.

All transfers supplied by railtec as per and it will become Bescot allocated 31434 a favourite of mine.

I note towards the end of service drivers windscreens were replaced with laminated screens, is this correct?

image.jpg

• Like 5

On 12/08/2021 at 14:04, pwr said:

There is a rumour that the 122's are almost ready to be shipped!

Paul R

How strong is this rumour Paul?

Since Ians suggestion about using the OAA’s to transport them, them being the passengers… I think the 122 will well and truly spoil them. They do like the breeze they get in the open (pun) wagons :nono:

11 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Since Ians suggestion about using the OAA’s to transport them, them being the passengers… I think the 122 will well and truly spoil them. They do like the breeze they get in the open (pun) wagons :nono:

it is stated from Dapol, with no issues found so far.

I think they’ll enjoy the OAA’s. Always fun riding in wagons

• Funny 1

17 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

TRower are suggesting as early as next week for the basic ones

Paul R

• Informative/Useful 2

A 31 fest has begun, I do like them.

I mentioned on another post my 50, cross members has snapped of from one bogie side frames in transit from digitrains.
Like you said Paul annoying. Happened to my 37 and the 31 I had to return last week, so a design weakness I think there.

image.jpg

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

I mentioned on another post my 50, cross members has snapped of from one bogie side frames in transit from digitrains.
Like you said Paul annoying. Happened to my 37 and the 31 I had to return last week, so a design weakness I think there.

image.jpg

I MUST STOP LOOKING IN THE7 MM SECTION.

I MUST STOP LOOKING IN THE 7MM SECTION.

:D

SUPERB:good:

• Funny 2

13 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

image.jpg

I think the problem stems form the way they are now fixed to this piece of wood. In solving one issue from the previous packaging we have another!

Paul R

• Agree 1

On 11/08/2021 at 21:55, Baggies1961 said:

Replacement Class 31 duly arrived on Tuesday as advised by Roger, he suspects cradle bogie sits in snapped in transit probably due to being dropped in transit.

Not tested it yet, will have to dig out my small combi.

All transfers supplied by railtec as per and it will become Bescot allocated 31434 a favourite of mine.

I note towards the end of service drivers windscreens were replaced with laminated screens, is this correct?

image.jpg

I think have some laminated screens as an unused brass etch from my DJH build if you need some? 

Cheers