Bourton on the Water

Baggies1961

25 minutes ago, D6775 said:

Are they flickering to the naked eye? I suspect not, it will be down to the refresh rate of the LEDs and the frame rate of the recording, digital recording of LEDs often shows flickering, I have had it myself.

Is that why some You Tube videos appear to sow the train jerking along rather than running smoothly

Hornby Magazine videos used to be like that

Paul R

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, D6775 said:

Are they flickering to the naked eye? I suspect not, it will be down to the refresh rate of the LEDs and the frame rate of the recording, digital recording of LEDs often shows flickering, I have had it myself.

I used to get that with my 37's but not anything else strangely enough Al.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Ooooooo, NICE. :good:

I think I need to rush over and have a look at the Dapol OO one, purely in the course of research you understand, it would be totally inappropriate for Cornwall.:D

They have been seen in Plymouth I beleive.

Paul R

• Like 1

Stayed in Scarborough on our last visit to the uk.

took our son for his first visit to the NRM.

this has to be a loco someone has to tackle soon in O gauge, with a MK5 set I’m sure would sell well, then you have the DRS version and the 88…..

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, 47606odin said:

this has to be a loco someone has to tackle soon in O gauge, with a MK5 set I’m sure would sell well, then you have the DRS version and the 88…..

Dapol do the 68 in OO and a dammed fine model it is too, so they have the drawings, and rights to the Liveries, how hard can it be?

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Dapol do the 68 in OO and a dammed fine model it is too, so they have the drawings, and rights to the Liveries, how hard can it be?

If Dapol announce one it will be 5 years at least to the shelves! However it would be a good choice for an O gauge model. Several liveries to offer but I doubt they would make any money on Mk5 coaches.

Paul R

• Agree 1

On 05/10/2021 at 01:42, 47606odin said:

Agree, surely Dapol can upscale their oo version as by all accounts it is a superb model.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

surely Dapol can upscale their oo version

Manufacturers have stated that having an existing model doesnt really save much work in doing a new one.

Besides which it still has to sell. Are there really that many 7mm punters who would want one?

• Agree 1

Good point but I think the tide has turned for O gauge as it is becoming more readily available as modellers realise you dont necessarily need acres of room for a layout.

I personally would buy one maybe two as I like them, the same will be for the Dapol 66.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Manufacturers have stated that having an existing model doesnt really save much work in doing a new one.

Besides which it still has to sell. Are there really that many 7mm punters who would want one?

we have got most of the BR classes covered, and most of which come in DRS livery, so class 20, 33, 47, 66, 68, and 88 all go together on a depot layout, with flask wagons makes a good layout, and modern image modellers will buy the as they are the current loco scene, so yes, they will sell easily

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, 47606odin said:

we have got most of the BR classes covered, and most of which come in DRS livery, so class 20, 33, 47, 66, 68, and 88 all go together on a depot layout, with flask wagons makes a good layout, and modern image modellers will buy the as they are the current loco scene, so yes, they will sell easily

Talking of depots, hows Hither Green the big build shed building coming along Ian? Hopefully all is well….

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Talking of depots, hows Hither Green the big build shed building coming along Ian? Hopefully all is well….

All is well with the layout, I’m part way through the peak, but people want videos weathering it, and at the minute I can’t be bothered with videos as they do hinder and slow down progress. However, I’m having a week away at the minute and got6 weeks holiday, so hopefully life can take a back step for a few days and I can finish the 45, and do a bit more on the shed, quite possibly without the videos unless I’m doing something specific

Edited by 47606odin
  • Friendly/supportive 1