Bourton on the Water

Baggies1961

This was more than a challenge. Biggest issue trying to straighten the chassis. Warm water and house bricks helped but it seemed to bend again when I added the sides.

Lots of filler on the ends to plug the gaps. Will rub down then spray with undercoat. Ran out of Humbrol primer so will use Halfords.

All being well it will have yellow ends not sure what main colour the body is silver would be my guess.

image.jpg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

This was more than a challenge. Biggest issue trying to straighten the chassis. Warm water and house bricks helped but it seemed to bend again when I added the sides.

Lots of filler on the ends to plug the gaps. Will rub down then spray with undercoat. Ran out of Humbrol primer so will use Halfords.

All being well it will have yellow ends not sure what main colour the body is silver would be my guess.

image.jpg

the doors are unpainted aluminium 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Glad you asked that, no but I was going to ask you where it should go? Its not glued down just loose.

you are not likely to have one in your station environment as you are a small terminus so you have no signals to warn in advance of. You would if fitted have aws fitted on the approach to the off scene signal that lets you into the station and the distant signal. If you are ultra modern you may have TPWS activation grids entering the platform but unlikely

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, birdseyecircus said:

Nice job on the VGA Julian.

My steps were made from a parkside brass coupling fret!

The underneath view shows the p & a etched in.

Paul

20211130_202125_copy_1600x1200.jpg

20211130_202333_copy_1600x1200.jpg

Hi Paul,

many thanks for the pictures and kind comment. Steep learning curve on the build and will get another one to attempt to get it better than this one.

Snap I found the said Parkside fret and attached last night.

The yellow paint on the end is messy but some judicious weathering hopefully will hide that.

Cheers

Julian.

image.jpg

• Like 2

Just noticed a broken off pipe at the front, not sure if it came like that or was done when being sound fitted.

Heljan unlike other diesels dont supply spares in the bag.

Will get round to fitting the numbers shortly.

In other news the Wigan pier plates have arrived.

D623EE68-5ABA-4C96-BC33-0A31E9AF72D1.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 02/12/2021 at 20:28, Baggies1961 said:

Just noticed a broken off pipe at the front, not sure if it came like that or was done when being sound fitted.

Heljan unlike other diesels dont supply spares in the bag.

Will get round to fitting the numbers shortly.

In other news the Wigan pier plates have arrived.

D623EE68-5ABA-4C96-BC33-0A31E9AF72D1.jpeg

The missing pipe I located in the box. I like the factory fitting them, saves me a job as its fiddly, but if they are going to get broken in transit, Il do it.

• Like 1