Excellent service from Hattons

ikcdab

• RMweb Gold

So, tuesday this week i had to go to the barber. Bit of a queue and while sat waiting my turn i started to browse Hattons website on my phone. I spotted two Hornby Hawksworth coaches at a bargain price. I placed the order on my phone and then had my haircut...lunchtime on Tuesday. 

Wednesday morning, postie turns up with the coaches, by lunchtime they are running on the layout.

Well done Hattons for an excellent and rapid service.

Haven't things improved over the last few years in general for mail order!

• Like 3
  • Agree 5

• 4 months later...

I too must congratulate Hattons on their service.  I live in the middle of Austria and yesterday at 13:00 I ordered some ten items via the Hattons Internet site.  I chose the DPD delivery option that cost about 10.00 GBP for two parcels  and the two parcels turned up on my doorstep this morning at 08:00.  Pretty fantastic and very good value for money I think.  Congratuations to all at Hattons for offering a reliable delivery service at a very good price.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

As the D of A thread is now closed I am posting this response from Hattons here:

Good Afternoon Ron,

Thank you for your email.

We have been set an allocated amount from Hornby for the R3819, of which all of our pre-orders are included.  As such there should be no issue in us being able to fulfill your order.

I hope this helps, if you do have any more questions then please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards

Colleen

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Tuesday 22nd. After eight days Dapol pannier fails again despite having been to the works for repair. Christmas window branch deploys rail replacement bus. Class 22 ordered from Hattons at around mid day. To be sent by PO tracked delivery. Handed to me by postman in the middle of a North Northumbrian village this morning at 1145hrs. Good work.

Hattons processed my pre order for 2 of the Hornby mk 1 restaurant buffets on Wednesday, I cleared them from my trunk straight away and they were dispatched Wed afternoon by Royal Mail 24 hr tracked. Did not expect to get them until after Christmas, with the known postal delays, however postie delivered them at 1030am on Christmas Eve. Well done Hattons and Royal Mail

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Brexit has screwed up importing things from the UK to those of us living in France. My latest Hattons parcel turned up with an extra bill from DPD for €35 (on goods that cost £47) in respect of French TVA (VAT to you) and admin fees. I emailed Hattons and by return they refunded the €35 together with an explanation of what went wrong. Top bananas!

For others living France (I know there are a few on this forum), Hattons tell me that as they have a VAT "presence" in France (i.e. registered for TVA) they can charge UK VAT for things being sent to France which are posted DDP (Delivery Duties Paid). This avoids French VAT and the dreaded admin/duties charges. Nice work Hattons!

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
On 26/01/2021 at 20:12, JST said:

Brexit has screwed up importing things from the UK to those of us living in France. My latest Hattons parcel turned up with an extra bill from DPD for €35 (on goods that cost £47) in respect of French TVA (VAT to you) and admin fees. I emailed Hattons and by return they refunded the €35 together with an explanation of what went wrong. Top bananas!

For others living France (I know there are a few on this forum), Hattons tell me that as they have a VAT "presence" in France (i.e. registered for TVA) they can charge UK VAT for things being sent to France which are posted DDP (Delivery Duties Paid). This avoids French VAT and the dreaded admin/duties charges. Nice work Hattons!

Hi JST

Good to hear everything worked out in the end and thanks for the explination about the DDP, for anyone living in the EU, this is the info about DDP and DAP:

image.png.03e9eaf6f78f77c5d5b452fb1c61d438.png

I hope this helps

Cheers

Dave

• Thanks 2

To add another voice to the chorus of applause for Hattons customer service.

I bought a Dapol Bubblecar in Aug last year and left it in the 'Trunk', waiting until I had a few other items so they could all be sent at the same time.

For Christmas my daughter gave me a present of the exact same model, so now I had two.

I pondered what to do, and today eventually decided to ring Hattons today and explain the situation.

As the item was still in their 'Trunk' Michael said he'd be able to refund the full amount and put the item back for sale: No admin fee, re-stocking fee or depreciation deduction, even after 5 months!

I'm not only very pleased but also very impressed.

So much so that I immediately spent the money on something else in their shop.

Thank you Hattons for excellent customer service.

• Like 3

Hello for everyone living in the 7 EU countries Hattons have listed as DDP, here's a list what all these terms explain, for those living in the 7, you don't 

have to pay anything when receiving from Hattons , all others in the EU are DAP and those have to pay taxes and import custome clearance.

If you must pay an ammount at receiving your goods than the deliverer is wrong.

Hope this will help

Incoterms 2010-45670.png

Edited by Cor-onGRT4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to put in a good word. I believe in "credit where credit is due" and whilst Hattons haven't been great over the last two years in my opinion, I must thank them. The recently had a model that I've been trying to get my hands on for ages. It was second hand and at 60 quid I couldn't resist.

I was quite sceptical as on two prior occasions I bought second hand items from Hattons and they were not advertised correctly. A quick email and a Hattons team member actually went over and above to not only inspect the model and answer my questions, but he also took lots of photos and a video as well.

So hats off to Hattons. Going from false advertising to exceptional customer service is real progress.

• Like 3

Ordered  o gauge GUV on Tuesday teatime.

Surprised to see it stood in our hallway on Thursday tea time, especially when I did not get an email to say it had been despatched.

( have they stopped sending them?)

Well done Hattons & Royal mail!

Paul

Another vote of confidence in the store.  I long ago gave up on other retailers and depend entirely on the store for my needs.  If Hattons do not stock it then I do not need it.  It is almost embarrassing looking back over my account,  I had not realised just how much stock I have purchased over the years.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Credit where credit is due:
I’m a long-standing customer of Hattons, going back to the days of their original Smithdown Road shop near where I was working in Liverpool at the time.  

I phoned them on Saturday morning, having discovered two small but essential components were missing from a Peco 00-9 bogie kit I’d purchased a couple of weeks back but not previously opened.

No problem at all - this morning the missing bits arrived in the post.

Prompt attention and Customer Service for a small value item is appreciated, and worth noting.  Thank you.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, guzzler17 said:

£90 worth of parts and paint ordered yesterday afternoon.  Parcel just delivered by their courier.  Excellent service all round.

Now I've got no excuse for finishing off some projects!

There's always a downside, that's one excuse gone!

Mike.