Owd Bob

McMullen Coal Company reborn into 7.1/4"

On 14/11/2019 at 16:51, Northroader said:

Stock it up with piranhas.

You are very disturbing  at times ...

• Funny 2

On 14/11/2019 at 14:27, alastairq said:

Border Collie's {?} facial expression says it all.....   :)

Your dog?

Or 'er indoors'?

Her dogs alastairq and we have two at the mo' but had four at one point, the one in most pics' is always with me though and likes getting in the road and is always wanting to help or play and is into everything :lol: The other is a rescued Dog and is very soft and won't ever leave her side...mind you we believe it was really badly treated in the past, the last two weeks of 24 hours a day non-stop fireworks going off did'nt help it much and the poor thing was terrified and shaking for a full fortnight.:( The other is'nt bothered by them at all. We love 'em both to bits despite their differences....so here's a good excuse to post some dog pics';)

I've been saving up and collecting stuff for the loco' build, all bargains bought of fee-bay, two 4mm thick off cuts of plate steel for the buffer beams, two 1200mm lengths of 50mm x 25mm box section for the chassis side rails and an original box of five 1970's bike sprockets for the future chain drive to the wheels, they are proper quality British made hardened steel sprockets and not brittle cast Chinese junk like todays bikes have. I'll start saving up now or more like also have to sell something to buy a new welder to stick it all together with.:D 

2019-07-02_13_21_15.jpg

2019-08-21_13_14_07.jpg

2019-09-18 13.47.01.jpg

2019-11-16 12.52.05loco.jpg

• Like 3

I have fond memories of my old Border Collie...anything that went 'bang' turned him into a slobbering wreck....and as for intruders? He would hide, and wait for me to appear & deal with them....

• Friendly/supportive 1

I've nothing to report on any further track laying or trackbed construction, and the rocks around the pond feature sank back and some fell in to it due to the vast amount of rain we've had lately, hopefully i can get a stiff mix of cement under and around them all this weekend. I got all mechanical and drilled out and then tapped a 1/4 inch thread into the axle bearing blocks to fit new grease nipples into. Trying to keep to the seven and a quarter societies guidelines for maximum widths and heights etc. which means the height of any cab roof from the track bed can't be higher than 110cm, and with the max' width being 60cm. The width is plenty at 50cm for my wants but it looks like i'll have to make a sunken foot well in-between the bogies if i'm ever to sit inside any future cab i may construct. 15mm box section tubing has been bought in and chucked on the growing pile of metal for the cab' frame construction. Heres a couple of pics' i have found for loco' ideas':unknw_mini:A centre cab Irish loco' built by Walkers of Wigan and a 1915 Hudson loco':)

2019-11-27_12_58_07.jpg

2019-11-28_14_32_49.jpg

2019-11-27_12_33_17.jpg

2019-10-31 20.14.24hudson1915.jpg

2019-10-29_13_48_25.jpg

• Like 3