Track component suppliers other than C&L Finescale

Lacathedrale

Good Morning,

Depends what you want. Yes there is Peco and if you want/must have plastic timbers it's the only option. Otherwise Exactoscale either from Exactoscale or S7 (have to be a member)  for chairs, Rail - Peco - if you are using Peco, Marcway or Slaters for standard Nickel Silver. For Hi-Ni Phoenix/Kargarin. Wooden sleepers, S7, Intentio, Timbertracks (at least for the moment). Sorry if I have missed anybody ( I think S7 do steel and ordinary NS as well).

I buy items from both C&L and Exactoscale, there was a supply issue with C&L when Phil first took over but things are much better now. Quite often a quick phone call speeds things up

I have recently bought some 7 mm items direct from Exactoscale, whilst being 15% higher than buying from a society I think it took between a week and ten days from sending the initial order to receiving it (they only post one day a week and you have to exchange emails then send a bank transfer). A lot less painless than it sounds, just finalise your order by Monday.

Both of these companies work with code 125 bullhead

Peco do a small range of parts using their code 125 flatbottom, the plastic chairs and timbers being less expensive, though the rail slightly more. Many forget Peco sell these items either through their retailers or direct mail order

There are some wonderful 3D printed chairs on Shapeways by Off The Rails   https://www.shapeways.com/shops/otr

A bit expensive but excellent quality, you get what you pay for !!  

Yes, Peco chairs do the job.  I just received an order from Hatton's,  so much easier to deal with. 

I got a batch of wooden timbers from Intentio. http://intentio.co.uk/tag/7mm/

I was actually amazed when I got the order because there is a pretty much a lifetimes supply.  Nothing like wood to represent wood. 

I do NOT like Peco plastic timbers.  I found they curled up.

John

• Like 2