Vitrains class 37 dcc help required.

Stormbringer

Hi all,

I've just purchased D6916 as dcc  fitted via ebay, when I opened the loco up I discovered that a dark blue wire from the decoder was flapping in the breeze as per the attached picture. My question is should it be doing so? Or should it be attached somewhere and if so where?

TIA

Pete

IMG_20190921_134830.jpg

5 minutes ago, Richard Croft said:

Can't see anything in the picture because its too blurry. Is it the purple wire? if so it isnt needed but it would be wise to keep the Can't see anything in the picture because its too blurry. Is it the purple wire? if so it isnt needed but it would be wise to keep the end of it insulated and stuck down out of the way

Richard

Hi Richard, yes it is the purple wire. Unfortunately the camera on my tablet is crap and for some reason I can't upload pics from my phone. Thank you for your reply.

Pete

Edited by Stormbringer

IF you wanted to modify the basic setup so that the tail lights were independent eg off when hauling coaches/wagons in the UK - this would use 4 functions - and the green and violet wires would come into use  - by default on a SILENT decoder as F1 and f2 in many cases*  (with white and yellow as fwd and rev directional lighting by default... for example disconnecting the tail lights from operating on F0 with directional headlights .. and changing them to operate from green and violet instead (  you MIGHT be able to use existing series resisitors with LED lights, but otherwise simply use another resistor in series with each fof the green and violet wires - abput 1k - 2k2 is likely to be correct - depending on your chosen/existing  LEDs ...modern LEDs are much brighter than oldr types!

(very different and unchangeable number(s) on TTS decoders - but the same colour options

• Like 1