If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

After some Bagnall Drawings

BritishGypsum4

I hope this is alright by the admin.

I am after any drawings available for the Port of Par twins. I know Judy was built 1937 and Alfred was built 1953(?) I think it was so there are some little differences. This isn't a problem. Drawings for either or both would be much appreciated

I am looking at scratch building these in the near future and any help, measurements etc would be helpful.

Cheers

Hello,

There's a good chance that the Bodmin and Wenford will have a set - as they have both locos. I suspect that there were some drawings published in the Industrial Railway Society journal at some point (an elevation appears on the front of the IRS handbook for the SW). The Bagnall drawing collection is held at the Railway Museum in York: https://collection.sciencemuseumgroup.org.uk/documents/aa110069833/wg-bagnall-ltd-drawings and if you know the work's numbers (easy to find) then you may be able to get hold of a set (for a price).

Hope that helps,

Adam

• Like 1

If you know the build number as well as the year contact Stafford County Archives. They hold all the Bagnall drawings that have been saved. I have found them quite helpful on a previous enquiry and visit.

I believe the drawings are privately owned, but have been placed in Stafford Archive's care.

I think they charge £30.00 for 12 copies sent to you digitally.

Gordon A

• Like 2