Any DVD's of French Branch line steam out there?

signalnorth

I've recently developed quite an interest in French branch lines (under steam use) especially metre gauge ones. I've looked on Google for any DVD's of such a thing but I've found hardly anything beyond preserved steam (which is not really my 'bag')  There must something out there! All I have so far is the rather excellent Railway Roundabout In Europe Part 1. Does anyone know if what I might be looking for even exists?  I'd also be keen to receive any recommendations for books on the same subject that you might have read. Cheers in advance!

Len

If you can get hold of a copy,  the DVD series  l'Age du Fer by Ton Pruissen included an entire DVD "6 Lignes-Secondaires 1918-1962" This is mostly metre gauge lines . This DVD was published by La Regordane and used to be in the Camden Miniature Steam Services catalogue but isn't now but you may be able to find it on e-Bay.

RailEuroExpress did a series of videos called "Chemins de fer disparus" and these are still available on YouTube. I think there are 35 of them in total and each is a few minutes long. Again these focus on narrow and metre gauge lines but are well worth seeking out and cover most of those that survived into the early 1950s. I assume you know how to download YouTube videos onto your PC. 

It was the metre gauge railways that triggered my own interest in French Railways so I have a whole library of books on French "Secondaires" but a good one for images is Images de Trains Tome (volume) VII les Secondaires des Années 50 & 60  published by La Vie du Rail. French books on railways tend to be pricey.

If you're interested in French "secondaires" - branch lines and local railways (without going into the detail of how they're classified)  have you considered joinng the French Railways Society as a high percentage of members share that interest.

Edited by Pacific231G