Alterstone Shed n gauge MPD

Alterstone_ngauge

On 27/12/2019 at 22:54, dpgibbons said:

Hi Dan - I assume you used the smallest Tramfabriek motor 0615S 6 x 15mm with a 1mm single shaft. Did you need a custom adapter to connect it with the Dapol drive shaft? 

hey this is the product

https://tramfabriek.nl/Dapol-a4.html

You don’t need anything, just pull the plastic off your existing shaft and stick it on the new one. Already has a brass adapter so the diameter is correct.

8 hours ago, grahame said:

This is coming along very nicely. The dusty, dirty, grubby look and atmosphere with the muted colours and limited palette is very redolent of the end of steam era.

This the best compliment ever cheers Graham! Exactly what I like, and what I’m trying to nail! 

As others have said, this is very convincing modelling. Well done.

A couple of suggestions - there seem to be no inspection/preparation pits, and the location of ash and coaling facilities in sidings rather than loops will make loco servicing very awkward. 

It would be a good idea to consider the flow of locos through the water/coal/ash disposal/turning facilities and the sort of bottlenecks that are likely to arise with your shed layout given that a large MPD like this might need to service twenty locos or more an hour.  

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, JeffP said:

I like the way you say it's starting to resemble a model.

Update: it looks pretty good to me, quite real.

Thank you. Getting there now...

4 hours ago, DanielB said:

Wonderful layout, excellent weathering, and ingenius solutions for adding sound to the 08. Well done!

can’t believe I pulled it off haha. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Also loving the scenes around the turntable in the video.

Really like the colours you've picked for the shed area and a great choice of locos all looking suitable grotty. Some pipework on all of those and it would be quite superb IMO.

Out of interest what is the noise when the turntable is turning, is that from the loco speaker or is that just the actual phyiscal noise of the turntable turning?

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...