WW2 Era Railway crossings.

G-man69

Hi Michl080,

Thanks for confirmation about the Miniart kit being of the Reichsbahn type chair.  I would imagine that if any local modifications had occurred that they'd be minimal, as you say they'd most likely retain the existing infrastructure in occupied countries.  I'll have to use the kit if I model something in Germany.

Thanks again,

G

G'day G-man,

Trying to understand all the workings of, and the variations in construction and appearance, in railways for a beginner is like trying to describe tank variations to a non military modeller.  To most people one Sherman tank looks like another. They don't realize without research that an M4A1 is very different from an M4A2(76)W and would wonder what you were talking about if you mentioned an "Easy Eight". I've been a railway modeller for fifty years and I still find something new to learn nearly every day.

Dave R. 

Hi Devo63,

You are so right, tanks, planes, trains or ships, we can't be knowledgeable in them all...well I can't, though there might be some such folk around, lol!  The good thing though, is we're all passionate about our chosen genre, and in here the folks have been kind enough to share their knowledge and passion with me freely...that's been great,

Thanks one and all,

G