23rd & 24th May 2020

Stoke Mandeville Stadium
Stadium Approach
Aylesbury
Buckinghamshire
HP21 9PP

Saturday 10.00-17.30
Sunday 10.00-16.30

Sunday only - up to 2 children admitted free with an accompanying paying adult.
Avoid the crowds and visit on Sunday when it is quieter!

See our website for full details: http://www.railex.org.uk

Free Vintage Bus Service between Aylesbury railway station carpark and Railex(Elm Farm Shops).

Many Model Railway Layouts from all over the country, as well as around 40 manufacturers, traders, societies and demonstrations. The exhibition has disabled access.

185964520_Railex2020posterfrontPJ10SteamColoura.jpg.2fe96218f67f8c42ef2280aeb9bf8685.jpg

Layouts Confirmed to date (September 2019)

7mm Scale

Kensington Addison Road, O Gauge, Exhibited by Twickenham & District Model Railway Club

Love Lane, S7 Gauge, Exhibited by East Anglian S7 Group

Oldham King Street Parcels, O Gauge, Exhibited by David Hampson

4mm Scale

Black Lion Crossing, EM Gauge, Exhibited by Geoff Kent & Members of the Retford Team

Brighton East, EM Gauge, Exhibited by Dave Smith

Midland Sidings, P4 Gauge, Exhibited by Westinghouse Model Railway Club

Thorne Yard, OO Gauge, Exhibited by CBM Diesel Group

Wendover, OO Gauge, Exhibited by David Dann-Gibbons

3.5mm Scale

Beijiao, HO Gauge, Exhibited by Paul Stapleton

Pottendorf, HO Gauge, Exhibited by Clevedon & Portishead Armchair Modellers

2mm Scale

Kyle of Lochalsh, 9.42mm Gauge, Exhibited by Pete Matcham

Freshwater, 9.42mm Gauge, Exhibited by Ian Morgan

Lightermans Yard, 9.42mm Gauge, Exhibited by Kent & Essex Area Group of The 2mm Scale Association

Modbury, 9.42mm Gauge, Exhibited by Ian Smith

1:148 Scale

James Street, N Gauge, Exhibited by Steve Wright

Traders will be added when confirmed

Please remember to check this thread and our website for the latest details.

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

Hello Chris (lmsforever)

I believe that the first RAILEX at the Civic Centre in Aylesbury was on the 8th April 1978 about a year and a half after it was built, we have documents that shows for Railex in 1978 that the admission charge was 35p. Also I did have a link to a VAMES newsletter of 1978, which I think stated inside that the Railex 1 was on that year.

We had our last exhibition at the Civic Centre in 2004, then RAILEX moved to Stoke Mandeville Stadium for its first exhibition in 2005, where we have had 15 exhibitions at the Stadium so far.

So a total of 42 so far with the 43rd to come in 2020.  But I could be wrong, as the exhibition may have been held in the Old Assembly rooms in Aylesbury before 1978, which would make it even older!

If I find out anymore I we reply to this thread.

Though as I know that you were around at the time maybe you have an idea?

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Edited by ANT

Hi Ant  thanks for that it does not seem that long ago we had fun at the civic  they handed the building over to us for the time we were there setting up and show being open.The show prior to Railex was held in the church hall at the top of the high street in Aylesbury and went well prior to that a show was held in the hall at the bottom of the market square not by the Risboro and it was there I met the lads from the club and joined .I thought up the name Railex on the spur of the moment and am glad it has stuck .Chris

• 3 months later...

These are the confirmed traders for RAILEX 2020

247 Developments

Alan Gibson

ALL Components

AMBIS Engineering

Bill Hudson Books

Branchlines

C&L Finescale Track Building Systems Ltd

Cheltenham Model Centre

CSP Models

D&E Videos - Realtrack Models – DC Kits - Legomanbiffo Superior Sounds

Dart Castings

Eileen's Emporium

Golden Arrow Productions

Gramodels

Green Scene

High Level Kits

Hobby Holidays

Ian's Trains

Isinglass Models (Thatcham Create)

Judith Edge

London Road Models

MegaPoints Controllers

Minerva Model Railways

Model Railway Developments

Modelu

N Brass Locos

PenBits Model Railways & Rumney Models

Petite Properties Ltd

Plus Daughters

Roger Carpenter Photographs

Roxey Mouldings

Severn Models

Shawplan Model Products

South Eastern Finecast

Sunningwell Command Control Ltd

Taff Vale Models

Tim Horn Baseboards

Tools 2000

Wild Swan Books Ltd

Wizard Models Limited

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alcanman said:

At this rate there will be more traders than layouts. Are more layouts likely to be added?

One rarely sees so many excellent layouts within one event and it promises to be a fantastic exhibition.  It amazes me that no matter how good the line-up is, some people always want more! 

How many more layouts do you think should be added?

• 2 weeks later...

A message for Mr Cheeseplant     I have just returned from Glasgow exhibition  and saw a layout which he must book for next year show incedentaly they are free that weekend .The layout is Whithorn a wonderful piece of modelling with perfect detail and  brilliant backscene  the layout is owned by  Alisdair M Mcdonald of Wirral Modelers the organisers of Glasgow could help you get in touch.The layout is a line off the Port Rd line in Scotland stovk is brilliant detail on buildings and scenery are to a very high standard and fit Railex well.I have pictures to show and also a full description .Regards Chris Lowe

• 3 weeks later...

I am very sorry to hear this as Railex is one of the best shows around.

When David and the team have time to breathe perhaps someone could advise those prudent souls who invested in advance tickets what happens next!

Chris

• Agree 1

Really sorry to hear about the cancelletion.  Better safe than sorry especially in view of the demographic of the majority of visitors and exhibitors.  I must admit that If I had purchased advance tickets for any show (something I never do for reasons just like this!) I would view it as a donation to the organising club to help offset any costs they may have already incurred.  I would have spent the money anyway and by not going, I will have saved the costs of transport, overnight accomodation possibly and higher food prices.   Currently seemingly being in a philanthropic mood, perhaps I should buy tickets for as many shows as I can and then stay at home, saving a fortune in fuel - and the planet............

• Like 7
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, chrisf said:

I am very sorry to hear this as Railex is one of the best shows around.

When David and the team have time to breathe perhaps someone could advise those prudent souls who invested in advance tickets what happens next!

Chris

Hi Chris

if you PM with the number on your ticket we can sort out a refund or alternately they will be valid for next years show.

• Like 1