A few radley models kits I've built.

Simon Moore

I see he has taken the trailer off the site. Your trailer is not a 1931 version though (only 26 motor cars were built in 1934) as it doesn’t have end single doors. It looks to be a 1923 Cammell Laird car which I know Phil was developing. It looks great either way and is not out of place on the Piccadilly Line. 

Im currently working on a 1927 trailer which can also be used as a 58 trailer for the 1938 stock. 

Guest LU Standard Stock

Very impressive work from both of you! Always nice to see the "standard" stock in model form. I fired off an email to Phil to enquire about the trailer as I am looking at making up a formation, and got a very nice and helpful response. He told me the trailers should be back in stock in about 4 weeks time. :)

Edited by LU Standard Stock

• 2 years later...

I'm currently building some standard stock cars, one issue I'm facing is where I can buy the wheels ... I was told that they need to be 9mm but so far I've not found a places that has such small wheels. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Next I'll be doing a 1967ts train. I'm yet to decide whether to make it in unpainted aluminium or corporate livery.

Simon

Hello Simon

There is a dedecated London underground section on RMweb who might be able to help you with your wheel question but it might be worth looking and asking on the Tram section and checking out some of the Tram suppliers as 9mm I believe is a fairly common size on some Tram models.

Hope this helps

Steve

Edited by Londontram
  • Thanks 1