Great Electric Train Show

bazjones1711

• RMweb Gold

There is a very good chance that I can come to this event. Me and Jen have been invited to a cd launch by Jenkinson's Folly at the Mill Brewery in Towcester on the evening of Sunday 13th October. It looks like final arrangements could be made tomorrow!

Edited by 96701
Typing rubbish
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, John Tomlinson said:

This was a good show last year and very simple for travelling by car and parking.

Even better for me because I can walk there :)

MK is designed for getting around quickly & it copes with traffic very well. The Arena/Stadium is in a particularly well accessible location.

The exhibition has again been lucky with the Dons having an away fixture that weekend.

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Tomathee said:

I can't seem to find when it is open till, also the advance tickets are all sold out so will I be able to buy on the day (presumably a few more £).

Thanks

It’s open until 5pm on the Saturday and 4pm on the Sunday. Adult entry on the day is £12.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 04/10/2019 at 20:32, 96701 said:

There is a very good chance that I can come to this event. Me and Jen have been invited to a cd launch by Jenkinson's Folly at the Mill Brewery in Towcester on the evening of Sunday 13th October. It looks like final arrangements could be made tomorrow!

I'll be there tomorrow. The cd launch is part of a folk session on Sunday afternoon 14:00 - 17:00, so if you like folk music, drop off into the Towcester Mill Brewery, Chantry Lane, NN12 6YY.

On 10/10/2019 at 10:07, Tomathee said:

I can't seem to find when it is open till, also the advance tickets are all sold out so will I be able to buy on the day (presumably a few more £).

Thanks

I wouldn't worry. The addition of admin/booking fees which typically get added to advance tickets mean you usually only save around 50p anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Pete the Elaner said:

I wouldn't worry. The addition of admin/booking fees which typically get added to advance tickets mean you usually only save around 50p anyway.

Warley, yes, but it means I don't need to queue when I arrive.

But GETS was £10 - no admin fee and no postage added so a proper saving of £2 against on the day.

• Like 1

If you still have a cheque book you can buy advance tickets for the NEC show without any booking fees from Warley club. You have to provide an SAE though. You can even get the guide posted to you a few weeks before the show if you pay the postage. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to get hold of some advance tickets to sell at GETS - life is sooooo busy even though I'm retired.

Anyway looking forward to running trains for a couple of days. Just waiting for my brother to turn up so we can stuff the layout into the car and then off we go!

I'm definitely not going to buy anything at the show, well probably not, well maybe not....I could do with a new xuron if nothing else. Despite clear warnings we all find out that you mustn't use them on steel the hard way.

• Friendly/supportive 1

And some water based thinners, some sleeper grime paint. No new locos though even though only having one Dapol class 50 is something of a hardship and the special edition BR blue large logo class 66  that Cheltenham Model Centre are selling for £99 looks rather nice.....

• Funny 1

I had to resist making purchases for a non-existent but planned N gauge railway last week at Wigan.

Think it might be harder again tomorrow to resist - but I will be cutting wood next week for the base frame that the layout will sit on, does that constitute a model railway?

• Funny 1

35 minutes ago, Chris M said:

I'm definitely not going to buy anything at the show, well probably not, well maybe not....I could do with a new xuron if nothing else. Despite clear warnings we all find out that you mustn't use them on steel the hard way.

If last year's show is any guide you will have a job finding any tools for sale.

Chris

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

6 hours ago, woodenhead said:

I had to resist making purchases for a non-existent but planned N gauge railway last week at Wigan.

Think it might be harder again tomorrow to resist - but I will be cutting wood next week for the base frame that the layout will sit on, does that constitute a model railway?

You need something for testing.

I can't use that excuse

IMG_20190909_201846.jpg

Edited by Chris M
Photo added
  • Like 2

Hi,

Just finished setting up Norwood Road at Milton Keynes

1036C85F-68EB-47AF-94C3-31CC018037C3.jpeg.dcdc05c836bae6506595ed6ff76a8118.jpeg

Others are all ready for the show as well:

DACBEAEA-992E-41F6-8390-8FBBAB267C98.jpeg.721fb0cf07f266396ce9c2c26eb1f3f3.jpeg

7BDEAC94-F0F3-456C-8E12-DAC53344248B.jpeg.82af9c3c34685e1f2c93e6af2610fb54.jpeg

Norwood Road will be found very near the entrance along with Canute Road Quay and West Coast Cement.

Simon

• Like 5

9 hours ago, St. Simon said:

Hi,

Just finished setting up Norwood Road at Milton Keynes

1036C85F-68EB-47AF-94C3-31CC018037C3.jpeg.dcdc05c836bae6506595ed6ff76a8118.jpeg

Others are all ready for the show as well:

DACBEAEA-992E-41F6-8390-8FBBAB267C98.jpeg.721fb0cf07f266396ce9c2c26eb1f3f3.jpeg

7BDEAC94-F0F3-456C-8E12-DAC53344248B.jpeg.82af9c3c34685e1f2c93e6af2610fb54.jpeg

Norwood Road will be found very near the entrance along with Canute Road Quay and West Coast Cement.

Simon

Hornby Mag please note - it's not called Norwood JUNCTION!

Chris