New N gauge FSA / FTA container flats!

JR_P

7 hours ago, westie7 said:

Arran

Am I doing something wrong with the pre-ordering on the website, it won't get past the checkout stage without an out of stock error.

Cheers

Mark

HI Mark

Thanks for pointing that out I am sure its fixed now.

Regards Arran

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Steadfast said:

Hi Arran,

CAD is looking ace. Do I remember rightly that this first batch will be in the current Freightliner green livery?

Jo

HI Jo

Freightliner green is what i am letting people pre order , i may do some RFD black in the first run as well but ive not decided at this early stage .

Regards Arran

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 16/09/2020 at 08:35, arran said:

HI Jo

Freightliner green is what i am letting people pre order , i may do some RFD black in the first run as well but ive not decided at this early stage .

Regards Arran

I'd order 2 packs of the outers and one inner if you do!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

HI All

So of the latest cads of the FSA outer , these are almost 100% , the FTA inner is an easy cad change .

The handrails will be a customer fit as they were removed from the prototype when in service.

Regards Arran

FSA 1211.jpg

FSA 1211a.jpg

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

HI All

Work is well underway on the FTA inner wagons, with details still to be added like the buffers and taking out the document box and adding in the brake wheels .

Wont be long now till we approve these for tooling .

Regards Arran 

FTA 10dec2020.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

N Gauge FSA FTA cads are 99.9999% complete now we just have to do the final checks on sizes to make sure nothings changed,. then its onto the tooling .

The underfloor in Red is a casting so this will keep the wagon strait .

fra b.jpg

FSA a.jpg

fsa aaa.jpg

fsa bb.jpg

fsa underside.jpg

inner end fsa.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Looking forward to my pre-order.  Any more thoughts on more containers (I think you said there might be some in the offing to complement these?)

Wouldn't mind some suitable for early '90s.  Freightliner red/yellow, Tiphook brown, Cast blue, Bell etc (N versions of your OO offerings).

Cheers

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, GEMLKEL said:

I have tried to place a pre-order but it is telling me "Warning: Payment method required!", but there is no payment option?

HI All

The website is getting work done to it at the moment " i cant put it of any longer"  but it will have Amazon pay  as well as Paypal when its finished .

The version of opencart it was on couldn't support Amazon pay 

Regards Arran

On 16/02/2021 at 20:22, Stuart A said:

Any more thoughts on more containers (I think you said there might be some in the offing to complement these?)

Wouldn't mind some suitable for early '90s.  Freightliner red/yellow, Tiphook brown, Cast blue, Bell etc (N versions of your OO offerings).

I'm with you on this. I have a rake of RevolutioN early KFAs and also have some C-Rail FSAs on order for an early 90s rake. There just aren't many good quality standard 20ft and 40ft containers suitable for this period.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, 47475 said:

I'm with you on this. I have a rake of RevolutioN early KFAs and also have some C-Rail FSAs on order for an early 90s rake. There just aren't many good quality standard 20ft and 40ft containers suitable for this period.

Not yet but Rome wasn't built in a day .

that period was getting to the point they were mostly the ridding style they are now

Regards Arran

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
23 minutes ago, Stu from EGDL said:

Hi Gang,

These wagons certainly have been a fair time in their gestation, but I’m looking forward to these when they are ready. Like anything, I would prefer an excellent model to a rushed one. 

Later,

STU from EGVN.

The Pocket wagons took me 2  and a 1/2 years with out a pandemic . 

These are taking longer and remember its not just A wagon, there's two of them.

Like I've said its decorated ones next so things are progressing,  and somethings coming along in the background for you all to get your teeth into and it will be before the wagons now .

More on that in a few weeks 

Regards Arran 

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1