Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Advance Notice - The 00 Wishlist Poll 2019

BMacdermott

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Congratulations to Model Rail, Kernow Model Centre and Heljan on the announcement of PWM 651-4.

The locos have been Low Polling over the years - but that should not be taken as a 'lack of popularity'; we list just over 800 items of what we feel could potentially exceed 30,000! So, they are still actually very high in the overall pecking order of the results.

Although we cannot add items to the 2019 Poll, we can delete - so these have been deleted.

Brian (on  behalf of The 00 Wishlist Poll Team)

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

May I say a big thank you to all those who have so far downloaded the Poll posters in the OP? 

Your 00 Poll Team has worked really hard to list all the items that you have requested over the years. We do not have any advertising budget nor 'financial support' from anyone or any company. The only way we can 'get out there' is with your valued help.

If I can 'nudge you into action' to print out the posters and take copies to your local club and model shop, you will be helping us to reach the widest possible audience - across the world - to get the broadest range of voters. Their votes might well help your votes!

The number of voters has risen slowly but steadily over the years - a record turnout of over 3000 can only be achieved with your help. The more voters we have, the better differentiation between the items. And don't forget, you can now suggest re-makes of items made since 2005 too.

Thanks for listening!

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Wishlist Poll Team)

Edited by BMacdermott
Spelling

IF I may be cynical for the moment, I would suggest that the increasing numbers of voters may be down to the same people having a number of different electronic devices (as well as work and library computers) with which to vote.  I hope there are measures in place to stop such things.

15 minutes ago, phil gollin said:

IF I may be cynical for the moment, I would suggest that the increasing numbers of voters may be down to the same people having a number of different electronic devices (as well as work and library computers) with which to vote.  I hope there are measures in place to stop such things.

14 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

There are.

B*gger

I had a whole bank of laptops set up to vote for The Fell

• Like 1
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, phil gollin said:

Hello Phil

I can say quite categorically that the (slow) increase in voters is entirely down to sheer hard graft by all those involved in running this Poll.

We may all be 'nice guys'...but don't confuse that with 'born yesterday'.

Brian

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

A note about new Category 21 Your Suggestions for Re-makes of Post-2005 00 Models as you will need to undertake some preparation in advance to get the best out of it. I'd be grateful if you don't discuss your suggestions here - please wait and make them in the Category when we go live. If we feel that anyone is 'trying to influence' voting in advance, we will ask the Mods to remove any offending posting - we hope you understand.

The category – which is ‘experimental’ for this year – has three boxes wherein you may only enter one clearly-described 00 item in each box – maximum six words each.

Your suggestions will only be accepted if:

·         You state the maker first

·         You keep within six words (wheel arrangements such as 2-6-4T count as one word)

·         Your description is clear

Sample fictitious entries are as below:

Steam, Diesel or Electric Loco

Hornbach LNER Class L99 2-6-4T

Passenger-carrying rolling stock (PCCS), DMU or EMU

Daphorn GWR Short Restaurant Car

Non-passenger-carrying Rolling Stock (NPCCS), Freight Stock or General Railway Service Stock

Bachpol 4-wheel Long Wheelbase Tube Wagon

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, BMacdermott said:

Hello everyone

A note about new Category 21 Your Suggestions for Re-makes of Post-2005 00 Models as you will need to undertake some preparation in advance to get the best out of it. I'd be grateful if you don't discuss your suggestions here - please wait and make them in the Category when we go live. If we feel that anyone is 'trying to influence' voting in advance, we will ask the Mods to remove any offending posting - we hope you understand.

The category – which is ‘experimental’ for this year – has three boxes wherein you may only enter one clearly-described 00 item in each box – maximum six words each.

Your suggestions will only be accepted if:

·         You state the maker first

·         You keep within six words (wheel arrangements such as 2-6-4T count as one word)

·         Your description is clear

Sample fictitious entries are as below:

Steam, Diesel or Electric Loco

Hornbach LNER Class L99 2-6-4T

Passenger-carrying rolling stock (PCCS), DMU or EMU

Daphorn GWR Short Restaurant Car

Non-passenger-carrying Rolling Stock (NPCCS), Freight Stock or General Railway Service Stock

Bachpol 4-wheel Long Wheelbase Tube Wagon

That L99 2-6-4 sounds interesting, can I vote for that please? 

Oh, hang on, wrong colour!  Back to voting for the Barry Railway M class, I suppose......

• RMweb Gold

Hello Phil

Below is a repeat of what I have just posted to the Hattons Genesis thread.

As noted earlier in a reply to Nearholmer – which is about 1.37 million postings back in this thread now (:)) – the 00 Wishlist Poll Team was looking into the content of the Hattons announcement and has now had a chance to evaluate it.

Within the 00 Poll, we list a number of 4- & 6-wheel carriage types but – having looked at the Hattons images – we aren’t able to delete any of them for 2020 (and it would have been too late for 2019 anyway as we ‘go live’ on Monday 14 October. See RMweb banner headline at top of the page). As a number of contributors have said, these are generic models showing what might be called ‘traditional British panelling’.

We have looked at them from the perspective of ‘if it looks like a duck, it probably is a duck’ but we can’t realistically delete any item because of the numerous differences compared with our listings.

That is not designed to take any glory away from Hattons. We congratulate them on what is looking to be a very good idea and we wish them every success with the project…which is both bold and adventurous to say the least. A number of contributors have raised the topic of a Full Brake and Hattons are to be commended for having listened attentively.

We know of some LMS non-passenger-carrying vehicles (NPCCS) which had a 10ft 6in + 10ft 6in wheelbase, so would concur that it would be welcomed for Hattons to either consider a specific vehicle or perhaps offer the underframe as a separate item.

At least four of the 9-man 00 Poll Team will be buying some of the items from the wide range.

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

We will soon be 'locking off' this thread as we will take up any further queries in the usual new thread at this time of the year - Q&A The 00 Wishlist Poll 2019 - which will be appearing soon. Don't forget that we 'go live' around 0900 Monday 14 October.

In the meantime, I thought you might like to see the clean, clear and fresh look that Andy York has kindly been able to bring to the voting pages with some very hard work on his part. Thanks Andy!:)

IMG_5033.JPG.b8fb30feddd03115df4c2146a69de443.JPG

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Many thanks to all who have downloaded the posters - much appreciated!

I am now asking The Mods to 'lock off' this thread. Please see: Q&A - The 00 Wishlist Poll 2019 if you wish to make any further comments.

Mods: Grateful if this thread could be 'locked off' when you have time. Thanks.

• AY Mod locked this topic